Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my upgrade begin?

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

When will my upgrade begin?

I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra from Unlimited Fibre on 23rd November but it isn't apparent when my speed is going to increase (it hasn't so far) and the new contract due to begin. Others on the Facebook user group appear to be getting their upgrade almost immediately. Does anyone know the answer? I have tried to contact Plusnet through their Facebook Messaging service but there has been no response.

Annie
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: When will my upgrade begin?

Hi Annie,

Have you restarted the router post the upgrade date?

Why do you think it has not happened?  Have you looked at the router stats?

Check out this generic order delayed guidance.

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: When will my upgrade begin?

Thank you for your reply @Townman 

This was the email I received on the day I did the upgrade.

Subject: Confirmation of your package change
Confirmation of your package change
--------
Hello Anne,

Account username: ******

We're just emailing to confirm the details of your new broadband and phone package.

Your new package will be active on: 24th November 2022.

Your new package
================
Broadband: Unlimited Fibre Extra - £24.35
Line rental: Monthly - £23.19
Call plan: Plusnet Line Only - £0.00
Call features: Caller Display - £0.00
Promotional discount (for 18 months) - (£24.05)
Contract: Choosing this package means you will be subject to a new 18 month contract

Your new total subscription cost will be £23.49 per month for the next 18 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £47.54.

As the email suggested my package would be available from the 24th I thought this would mean the speed would be upgraded by then.

I have been doing online speed tests with an ethernet connection to my PC and it has not increased.

Thank you for your suggestion to look at the tickets. I see an additional one in there dated the same day as above but I did not get an email notification for it so I was unaware that they have delayed the upgrade until the 1st December.

Service Notification
8:22pm, Wednesday 23 Nov 2022
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.

The activation will complete by midnight on 01/12/2022.

I'm not sure why this should be the case as I'm already with Plusnet and my new month usually rolls over on the 28th.

Annie