Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do I go live?

FIXED
djones230
Hooked

When do I go live?

I rejoined Plusnet last week. I used to be with them many years ago and the customer service/Live chat was great and really helpful.

When I signed up, I never got any notification of when my service was going live. I've had no emails stating when this will be. It doesn't say it on my account.

Can anyone help? I no longer see an option to Live chat, has this gone now?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: When do I go live?

Welcome back! Alas Plusnet customer service is not what it used to be, live chat is long gone and while the hard-working advisers do watch this forum the quickest way is to give them a ring and ask what is happening. I find them friendly and helpful having had recent dealings for my move to FTTP, hopefully on Friday. Have your details/password handy. The positive news is that the broadband service itself is as good as ever once set up.

Mike

djones230
Hooked

Thanks for the update on that. I will give them a call in a few days to see what is going on.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Service migration is at least 10 working days (Ofcom regulations).

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Fix

Hi @djones230 

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well 🙂

Sorry for the delayed response, we're really busy at the moment and taking longer than we'd like to get back to people. I'm not sure if you've seen the emails but your order is currently progressing and due to completing on the 30/03/23.

Please be aware this can complete at anytime up to midnight and once it has completed you will notice the lights on your router to start lighting up. For more info on what your router will do and to set it up please see our guides at: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/.

You will be expecting to receive your router 2 - 4 working days before your activation via Royal Mail 1st Class Post. Once dispatched, we'll send you across all of your tracking details so you know where the router is. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
djones230
Hooked

I did mark it as fixed but today is connection day.

Can you confirm if an engineer will be attending my property or just the cabinet?

I’m still on solid orange.

Thanks
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

No engineer is coming round today as all work needed is external. Once your orders have completed, we'll drop and email & text to let you know. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
djones230
Hooked

Thank you,

Is it ok to leave the plusnet router plugged in until live?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@djones230 Leave it plugged in. If you can't connect after you have confirmation that the service is live, come back and someone will suggest your options.

John
djones230
Hooked

Thanks,

Are you able to see if there’s any issue with the switch?

I don’t as expecting to have connection by now. In the past moving from talktalk to sky and Vodafone it was done pretty much instantly.

Just hoping there’s no delays or issues.

Thank you
jab1
Legend

@djones230 I am not staff, so can't see if there is an issue, but note that it can take up to 23.59 of your 'go live date' for everything to fall into place. If you have issues tomorrow, post back and one the PN staff will look into it for you.

John
djones230
Hooked

I’ve had an email saying my home phone is now live but still solid orange on router
jab1
Legend

As said before, wait until you get confirmation the BB is also live - should be by the end of today, but needed the phone to be active first.

John
djones230
Hooked

Thanks,

One other thing. Up until an hour ago my estimated download speed was 48-62mbps.

Logging into my account now, it’s dropped to 40-44mbps. Is this normal? When I was with sky it was 50mbps. This is one reason why I left as before being with them I used to get 68mbps as standard.

I noticed the minimum guaranteed has gone down? I thought that wasn't allowed whilst in a contract? When i joined and paid it was 38.9mbps now its dropped to 36mbps.

jab1
Legend

I wouldn't put  too much store in that figure. Once you go live, see what a speed test actually reports, and if it is 'low', report back.

John