cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if there's a fibre install problem...

IggyIggins

What happens if there's a fibre install problem...

Hi all,

I like I'm sure others on here work from home, and therefore an internet connection is critical. I'm considering upgrading my contract to full fibre which we've been able to get where I live for some time. However, one thing I am aware of is there have been a number of blocked ducting issues here requiring the 'next level' of intervention by Openreach (when they can get to you) so my question is, in the event of an install failure due to something like blocked ducting that can't be resolved at install time (or A N Other issue) will the standard fibre/copper broadband remain untouched after said failed install and live until such time that the fibre installation can be complete successfully?

Thanks in advance for responses / feedback on others experiences.

4 REPLIES 4
TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: What happens if there's a fibre install problem...

Normally Openreach either install the fibre cable or pull through a rope before the installation date. If the duct is blocked they won’t try to install until that is fixed.

RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

We had a backup just in case. I used my o2 usb tethered and it worked fine until our internet was sorted. To be fair though our issues weren't because of plusnet or openreach but we both work from home and both of us just used our mobiles and it worked decently.

IggyIggins

Yes, unfortunately for me the mobile and internet service where I live, despite being in a town surrounded by thousands of other homes is all but non-existent, so I can't share my phone's wi-fi / web connection.

I've gambled and ordered a 145 Meg line in the hopes it goes smoothly. 30th of November is D-Day!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'