cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted Morning & Lost wages - No Engineer?

FIXED
Northerntrack
Hooked

Wasted Morning & Lost wages - No Engineer?

So after receiving my appointment for an engineer install date for 30/09 today of my shiny new FTTP and expecting an engineer between 08:00 & 13:00 according to my confirmation email I've sat patiently all morning after taking time off work & losing money expecting a text/call to tell me someone is on the way, as the email says I will receive, but no. Nothing. no call, no text and most annoying of all no engineer. This is for an install from OH pole.

I guess I now must begin the fun process of phoning up to see what has gone wrong and find out when I am to receive service upgrade? Very annoying and a morning wasted, money lost. Will you compensate me for this? Not what I expected from Plusnet, I've been a customer for a long time and recommended you to plenty of friends over the years but it seems you've dropped the ball on this one.

My online account shows there is something 'going on' as I cannot see any upgrade options but having looked back at my appointment email I noticed the link to the 'Order Tracker' for the first time, I clicked...... it goes nowhere and tells me I don't have an order in process. Fabulous. Looks like I have to go wade through the recorded call handling to try speak to somebody with any luck. 

I can't guarantee to be in later this afternoon now either so let's hope you're not planning on showing up way outside the noted times without notification?

Not good Plusnet.

[Removed] (Username)

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Wasted Morning & Lost wages - No Engineer?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I understand your frustration but to be fair this would be down to OpenReach not PlusNet.

Northerntrack
Hooked

But Plusnet are the cuddly friendly face of BT/Openreach and they are the people I will eventually be paying with any luck and thus the only people I can complain to about this in the hope they can get some answers?

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Got it in one! Yes, Openreach go their own way and there's nothing Plusnet or any other ISP can do about it. Annoying I know to wait around while PN plays pig in the middle, I'm sure the PN staff feel just as frustrated as you do. As explained before the Openreach techs may be delayed on one job leading to knockon effects for the rest of that day or week ...

Northerntrack
Hooked

I'd expect them to have a better pathway to get resolution and answers though,  having wasted a morning and lost money they are the ones I'm contracting with to supply a service.

I get that everyone wants to jump to PlusNet's defence here but as a customer you have no option other than to complain to them, wherever that may be. I've been a customer for years both home & business but today I've lost money and wasted my time and am now waiting on call backs hopefully to tell me when I can do the same again on another day.

I get that jobs run over and engineers get delayed but in my business I keep my customer informed, that hasn't happened here, nothing at all has which is the biggest problem.

Northerntrack
Hooked

So no call back still just a text now telling me my broadband has been delayed - you don't say.

Now I have to phone again to try and discover what this means as there's no information online and the order tracker doesn't even think I've got an ongoing order, great, you're not being very helpful here Plusnet.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

You should be able to claim loss of earnings ( and any other reasonable costs) from Plusnet.

Openreach are acting for and on behalf of plusnet as agents, and the principal ( ie plusnet) is liable for its agents actions

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Northerntrack, I'm really sorry about the delays and the breakdown of communication regarding your installation and the time wasted waiting in, that does fall under the OFCOM compensation scheme we adhere to so you'll be credited for that: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Notes show that the engineer needed additional equipment to complete the installation and we should have an update on getting that rearranged tomorrow for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Northerntrack
Hooked

Thanks for your reply Adam, 

I appreciate the response and note the compensation details in your link, thank you, that is reassuring.
I await further contact soon hopefully in relation to a new installation appointment so we can start the FTTP service.

Thx. Andy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Andy, 

I see we've rebooked the engineer visit for 11th October 8am to 1pm. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Northerntrack
Hooked

Morning Anoush,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time around O/R can find the required bits and sort the connection.
I'll update accordingly.
Thanks for the message. Andy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Andy, fingers crossed indeed 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Northerntrack
Hooked

So Today was install day 2, the sequel.

Very pleased to report that Openreach engineer Mike turned up at 8am and started on the job, due to some difficulties accessing the pole he had to get a hoist brought in so it all took a little longer than planned. However he was very friendly & helpful as well as very helpful & amenable to positioning equipment & routing and got all cabling in place ahead of the hoist arrival.

Once the hoist had done the business at the pole he made all his final connections and we had internet! Initially only 75mb down & 110up but after a router reset my end everything fired up and we got our fixed IP back and are now showing about 930 download & 115 upload when connected direct by ethernet, brilliant speeds.

So I'm happy to report that at the second try O/R did their thing and we now have blazing fast PlusNet and all is good. 

Thanks. Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the run down, that's really good to see Andy and I'm a bit jealous of those speeds. Cheesy 

If you have a moment, fill out this form here https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/thank-an-engineer-form to give Openreach some feedback for the engineer as I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot. Smiley

If there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to let me know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet