cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Fibre

dsdxp

Upgrading to Fibre

Hi I was supposed to be upgrading from standard broadband today to fibre. I was originally told at the time that I could only get broadband on this line, and would be told when fibre would be an option. I checked last Wednesday and saw that I could upgrade my account to fibre (probably because Openreach have being doing things with the lines these past few weeks, seen them everywhere around where I live.)

I have had no e-mail confirming this, only what was given to my at the time of upgrade, which would be today. I was just wondering if this indeed going through and that my account is now running on fibre or will be in the next 24 hours, or if something else is going on, since all it currently says in my account is the switch is in progress and that is all.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Upgrading to Fibre

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @dsdxp

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry for the lack of communication here, though it does look like our system sent out a notification on 31/03/2022. Anyway, while we did request an activation date for today, Openreach have had to push the upgrade back to 14/04/2022 due to engineer availability. 

You won't be charged for a fibre service until it's gone live. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dsdxp

Thanks for replying back Adam appreciate it!

And thanks for telling me, since I honestly had no idea about the date change etc. I was just wondering if you could 100% confirm for me that my line can now indeed get fibre, as this was the major issue I had last time as it wasn't available on the line I am on now at the time I moved into my property. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your response, our availability checker is quite accurate when we have both your landline number AND postcode to go by. Issues can occur when the engineer goes out to hook you up onto the fibre network though. For instance something called a LLUMS case is raised when the engineer finds no spare fibre ports.

We'll cross that bridge if / when we come to it though, for now at least, I've no reason to assume there's going to be any further delays beyond the initial one - engineer availability. Smiley 

Adam
dsdxp

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for getting that info to me Adam appreciate it!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, feel free to give us a nudge if you need any further support at all. Smiley 

Adam