Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Delays

FIXED
BR1
Dabbler

Unacceptable Delays

Chronology:

02 Nov 22 Placed Order for Upgrade to 74Mb Full Fibre from Unlimited Fibre Extra

02 Nov 22 Email from from PN with stating Engineer visit scheduled for 05 Dec 22

03 Nov 22 Unlimited Fibre 18 month Contract ended

01 Dec 22 Informed that Hub 2 router would arrive in 1-2 days

03 Dec 22 Received Hub 2 Router

05 Dec 22 Engineer visit - No show with no explanation. Wasted day at home

07 Dec 22 Phoned PN to complain.  Was pursuade by PN Sales to Upgrade to 145 Mb/s (£27.99) rather than 74 Mb/s.

07 Dec 22 Immediately told there was a 'problem' with my order

07 Dec 22 Overcharged.  Treated as an Out-of-contract Customer. Refund granted.

23 Dec 22 Informed Engineer would visit 24 Jan 23

17 Jan 23 Overcharged again as out-of-contract customer. Refund issued.

24 Jan 23 Openreach installed Full Fibre.  It worked until 8pm the nothing.

25 Jan 23 Logged onto PN portal to discover my account held since 2014 had been closed.

25 Jan 23 Phoned PN Cust Serv who couldn't explain why account was closed. Alway paid in full by DD

25 Jan 23 Received various updates on new account that has been set up

28 Jan 23 More Updates

No communications since 28 Jan 23.  I have had no internet for full week.  I had fully working full--fibre following Openreach visit (24 Jan 23) for approx 8 hrs until PN for some unknown reason closed my account.

I want to leave PN.  It's not right that I should reward such poor service with my custom. Please advise.

8 REPLIES 8
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Unacceptable Delays

@BR1  That is an absolute horror story, I can understand why you just want leave Plusnet. It is hard to believe they could be so incompetent so that after all the delays and charging errors they mistakenly closed the account when the broadband had just started working.

However you should qualify for substantial compensation as Plusnet are signed up to the Ofcom scheme

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

Not sure if they would pay up if they agree to let you leave, you need to check that out.

Hope you can get a satisfactory resolution.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi @BR1, I've sent you a private message, please reply back with your username when you can and I'll pick this back up and make sure we're doing all we can to help. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BR1
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply RealAle.  The whole saga has gone on for too long and as you suggest the most annoying aspect is that Openreach set up the Full Fibre and it was workng perfectly ... for 8 hours.  I've read other stories of customers having their accounts closed and losing all their emails.  I don't use Plusnet email for that reason.

BR1
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply Adam.  I have sent you a private message.

BR1
Dabbler

Thanks @adamwalker for getting my connection up and running.  Genuinely appreciated.  Just billing to deal with now!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Great! Being fed and having a working connection are both basic needs nowadays for sure! 

Yes, the upgrade is set to go through tomorrow for you. I can help with your billing query too, I've just looked into that and needed to reply with a bit of account specific information, I've added a ticket to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230972896

Please take a look when you can and let me know when you've responded so I can follow things up with you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BR1
Dabbler

Hi Adam

I have replied to your ticket 230972896.  Just to reiterate these were the sequence of events in terms of contracts/billing:

1. My intial upgrade from Unlimited Fibre Extra was to Full Fibre 74Mb (02 Nov 22).  This was on offer at £23.99.  An engineers visit was scheduled for 5th Dec 22.

2. When the engineer didn't show I phoned customer services to complain (07 Dec 22) and was offered 145Mb Full Fibre for £4 extra i.e. £27.99 for 24 months (£7.01 discount for 24 months). This was confirmed by email and on ticket: #229727583 under my old account namely, bwmrhead. An engineers visit for 24 Jan 23 was confirmed on 23 Dec 22.

3. Whilst waiting for installation I was overcharged twice for being out-of-contract which I wasn't.  Two refunds were issued so that I only paid the the £27.99 whilst waiting for the installation of Full-fibre 145.

I'm therefore expecting to pay £27.99 a month for 24 months.  I know there will be CPI +3% increases once a year.

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks again for getting me set up.

Kind regards,

Bernard

BR1
Dabbler

Hi Adam

I have just received a text message stating that because I'm no longer a Plusnet customer would I mind returning the router!  I assume this is an automated remnant of my account (bwmrhead) that was incorrectly closed.

Kind regards

Bernard