cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched on router before activation date

ha12

Switched on router before activation date

Hi,
I received my router and plugged it in only to figure out later that my activation date is still after 4 days ( I just confused it with the phone line service activation !)
Currently, my router has an orange light. I’m just worried this will interfere with the activation later. Is there a quick fix ? I’m happy to start paying today if it can be activated. But in any case I just want to make sure that I haven’t messed it up already.
Thanks !
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Switched on router before activation date

Thanks for getting in touch @ha12 This shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd recommend unplugging the router (or switching it off) if you've not already. If you have any issues connecting to the internet after we've confirmed your broadband's ready to use, feel free to let us know so we can investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@ha12  Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry it will not mess anything up. If when you are advised that the service has been activated nothing works simply push a paperclip or similar into the factory reset hole and hold the switch closed for 20-30 seconds.

It is worth noting that Plusnet tend to send out emails advising that a service is live in the morning but it can take up until midnight until everything is set up and fully operational, so don't panic if this happens.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'