Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Straight answer too difficult?!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Straight answer too difficult?!

The cease fee wouldn't be applicable if the service was being migrated to a new provider. However if I recall correctly (I'm not in the office at the moment so I can't double check), there is a working line takeover against the line, this does not exactly migrate the broadband service, but instead ceases the service and a new service will be provided with the gaining provider. Therefore the cease charge may be applicable.

I am not advising this to be awkward, however as per my previous post, I do strongly recommend calling our Customer Options Team and cancelling the house move you have arranged, or you may end up being liable for early termination fees on the house move contract, or missed appointment fees if an engineer goes out to install the line and can't gain access.

As per the ticket, the contract starts from when the first service goes active. Unless you cancel the house move, the phone service is due to be activated on the 9th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
katewoolley
Dabbler

When I spoke to your agent I specifically questioned the £30 charge & was told it would not apply, the email sent notifying me of change of providers at the address states noting about a fee, OFCOM state no fee if remaining on BT network. If Plusnet want to charge a fee I'll see them in court as I won't pay it.

As for a missed appointment fee, I've not made nor agreed to one. Still waiting for the survey result to tell me what service can be offered beforecI agree anything.

As for phoning in. Best keep this in writing as everything I've been told on the phone is being questioned!

katewoolley
Dabbler

None of this is encouraging me back in 12 mths time & I'm off to check when our business contract is up too!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As per my previous post, the cease fee was not applicable if you were going ahead with the house move. The ticket clearly states it is applicable if you do not go ahead with the house move and the account is cancelled. 

An email may not have confirmed a cease fee upon receiving the request to take a service over. The cease code the order completes with would dictate this. From past experience, this type of order will likely mean the cease fee is applicable. 

If the broadband asset was remaining on the BT network I agree, it wouldn't be applicable. However the order type will not keep the broadband asset on the BT network, it will takeover the phone line with a new number, which will cease our broadband asset, making the cease fee applicable. A new broadband asset will be provided on the line after. 

The survey was taking place to confirm what date the phone service could be activated/installed on. We have since confirmed an install date.

In regards to encouraging you back, I am simply providing you advice on leaving as painlessly as possible. I don't want you to incur early termination fees for a contract you no longer want. Therefore I am advising you call to stop the house move orders so you don't incur charges for early termination fees or missed appointments that have been booked and confirmed with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
katewoolley
Dabbler

The ticket may well say that but the conversation I had went along the lines of

Agent 'there's a £30 cease fee if you don't keep your internet with us'

Me 'but the line is transferring on 23/5 so does that still apply?'

Agent 'No'

So I won't be paying any cease fee

Another part went something like this

Agent 'we can't confirm if we can offer you fibre until a survey is complete, so we'll call you once that's done to confirm services and confirm the order and any dates Openreach will need access'

Me 'will they need access to do the survey?'

Agent 'no'

Me 'so you'll call me to confirm what service is available and then we'll finalise the order & get a date for when the internet will be working'

Agent 'yes'

Still waiting for that call, confirmation of service availability and speed & an eta on internet activation date..... so no contract agreed..... 

You see why I want to keep it in writing as this contradicts what you are now telling me! I know you are trying to help but I'm even less impressed as it's not what I was told before & agreed to!

katewoolley
Dabbler

Yet more poor customer service, phone number loops through menu, 1st person in customer options 'listens' then decides I need to talk to sales, puts me through to someone who is new & knows nothing about house moves, yet accepted the call despite this and having been told what the issues were, she manages to hang up on me instead of transferring my call. This took 20 mins

2nd call, tried to talk me into staying! Then looked & said he didn't understand why I hadn't been contacted post survey, notes showed I should have been. Also questioned cease charge, no cease, just transfer = no charge.

See not difficult, don't know why it was made so difficult. Roll on 12 mths time when I can move the business one too. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

In answer to your topic's question, a straight answer is not too difficult.  However the straight foward answers appear to be not the answers you are wanting to hear!

The key answers have been very clear but you are not listening.  If you do not accept the house move contract then you could face service termination charges at the old address unless you get another ISP to take over that service prior to you leaving that address.

At the moment you appear to be also under contract with PlusNET for the new address; unless you follow the cancellation process detailed in the T&Cs you will become liable for significant termination costs.

You've had sound advice here from some very experienced people, I can understand why YOU think they are all wrong.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

katewoolley
Dabbler

Facts were:

there WAS a BT line, no issues being used & set-up without ANY issues

there was NO contract agreed as they hadn't notified me of what (if any) service could be provided

BT actually have a faster service for less & better customer service too.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm sorry you feel this way, though glad that you are happy with the service now regardless of whether it's ourselves or BT. Let me know if there's anything further we can do.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet