Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second account at the same address

FIXED
D-M

Second account at the same address

I don't know if i am asking in the correct place but, 

recently the person in my house that was covering the internet moved out but wont do an early cancellation, and we want to get our own internet plan with Plusnet with the FullFibre package, but if i create a new account to the same household address with the new package will it cause issues with the old DSL Plusnet broadband connection that is still active?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Second account at the same address

Fix

Shouldnt be a problem. The ordering system will detect the existing services at the address and will give the option to retain the existing services, make sure that option is taken. It will then not affect the existing DSL services. You will also need to ensure that on the installation day for full fibre, that the Openreach engineer understands that the existing services are remaining, and that the copper line should not be removed!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Batfrog
Rising Star

I don't know if i am asking in the correct place but, 

recently the person in my house that was covering the internet moved out but wont do an early cancellation, and we want to get our own internet plan with Plusnet with the FullFibre package, 

As @MisterW says there shouldn’t be a problem, at least not a ‘technical’ one!

Having had a problem with debit collectors pursuing the previous owner when we moved house and not believing I was not the person they wanted I would be more concerned about why the person leaving your house won’t cancel. Are they going to continue to pay and for how long?

One is tempted to wonder why they won’t cancel? At some point their contract will end and unless they are moving their service to a new ISP and or a new address there will still be a cancellation fee. As the incumbent you’ll be in the firing line for any recovery.

In my case it took a solicitor’s letter to stop the harassment

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'