cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales query - static IP address

elosip

Sales query - static IP address

I’m not currently with Plusnet but moving house soon to somewhere not served by my current gigabit ISP. There is an Openreach fibre termination at the new house so I was thinking of signing up with Plusnet. 

One feature that is important to me is the availability of a static (fixed) IP address for my VPN and other apps. Having lurked on this community for a while, I thought that this was available for residential customers but when I called Plusnet sales line I was told by ‘Tom’ that they did not offer static IP.

I can sign up with Toob or some other ISP but I was wondering what the community’s view was. Has the fixed IP been discontinued?

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Sales query - static IP address

'Tom' was wrong  - a single IPV4 static IP is available for residential customers, for a one-off £5.00 charge.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

Hi @elosip 

Welcome to the Plusnet Community Forum.

Not sure why you have been told that ststic IPs are no longer available. There is a button in the Member Portal once signed up to turn it on. Occasionally this fails and needs the intervention of a member of staff to activate it. Bear in mind thrre is a one-off fee of £5

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Markuk
Dabbler

I’ve got a static IP already, but just logged into the member portal and under add-ons it only shows Norton Protect.  Has the static IP add-on has been quietly removed?

elosip

Oh dear! That's my fear. If I sign up with PlusNet and it becomes apparent that I can't get a static IP, is there a cooling off period during which I can cancel?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

@elosip If you request (and pay for) the static IP, you will get one. You may need to post on here (on the 'Everything Else' board) to get it activated, though.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

@elosip 

The ability to have a static IP has definitely not been removed.

Sometimes, depending which display you're using, especially on a mobile device, you need to scroll further down or try the 'Desktop' version of the browser.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

elosip

Thanks. That's encouraging. I'll go ahead and order as soon as contracts are exchanged

Markuk
Dabbler

Just logged into my account, and the add ons page has updated again to what I saw a few weeks ago.  There’s no option for a static ip, only mcafee anti virus.

It’s not just my account showing this, but other family members as well

Edit - There’s two addon pages in play

https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/add-ons