cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Card

johnj60uk

Reward Card

I joined Plusnet in January but I have not yet received my reward card email, I have checked spam, should I have received it by now?

49 REPLIES 49
louise75

Re: Reward Card

I joined the same time and have not received my reward card email either

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

@johnj60uk I've just looked into that for you and needed to send you a reply with some account sensitive information, I've opened a ticket on your account for that which you can view here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222133983

@louise75 I've checked your account too and can see you've called in this afternoon and we've advised you on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeteMar

I haven't received mine either. I signed up at the end of October and my account went live on 11 November. I should have received an email about the £75 reward card, but nothing came. I contacted Plusnet by phone in early January, and was told that it would be sorted out within a week. I received an email confirmation on 10 January to say that it was being dealt with. I didn't hear back, and so sent a chaser to the email address that Plusnet used (contactcentre.connector@bhnetwork.com) on 28 January. I still haven't had a reply.  

johnj60uk

An interesting development apparently:

I've just checked the details of the promotional deal you signed up for, to confirm it doesn't include cashback and instead includes discounts against the activation fee and monthly subscription payments instead.

So what is the meaning of the quoted phrase from Plusnet '£75.00 Plusnet Reward Card** to say thanks for signing up'?

louise75

I phoned plusnet and they told me I didn’t have anything on my account, they said I never signed up properly so I don’t get the £75 reward card.  It’s so annoying as I know I signed up through uswitch and followed everything that I was supposed to do to switch to plusnet.  Basically there’s nothing I can do

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@PeteMar, @johnj60uk, @louise75

I'm really sorry for the disappointment here.

I've taken a look into this for you and and I'm afraid it doesn't look like the offer you signed up on included a reward card. If the package you selected was definitely advertised as having a reward card, did you browse to any other websites while going through the signup journey? This can generally affect the tracking.

While I'm not sure if you did do this, it's good to clear what's known as cookies & cache before starting an online purchase that includes cashback and making sure you have no other tabs/windows open and you don't stray away from the order journey like click on a different offer or press the back button in the web browser.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeteMar

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to have to take issue with what you say, but the offer I signed up certainly did include a reward card. Like many people, that was a key factor for me in deciding whether or not to move to Plusnet for the first time.

I'm sure that the same will be true for the other two customers you've addressed in this post, and also for the hundreds of other Plusnet customers who have raised the same issue across this forum and further afield. We haven't all imagined it. Like so many others, I followed the guidance on Plusnet's website and waited in vain to receive details of the reward card. 

I don't agree with your comments about tracking and cookies. Your customers have no way of knowing how you design your internal computer systems, and it is wrong for you to use that as an excuse. They cannot know how tracking might be affected when they are sent to your website by the various websites on which you allow your services be marketed, or indeed the full reality of what tracking means. Nor are they in any position to be able to know the full impact of the cookies that Plusnet choose to put into place when designing their website. What I can say is that the offer of a reward card was definitely there when I signed up with you, and was definitely not stated as being contingent on any of the things you mention. It was merely contingent on me signing up with Plusnet, which obviously I have done.

I would like you to look into the matter again, and to honour the offer which Plusnet made to me in order to get me to enter into a contract with them.

Thanks for your help.

Pete.    

johnj60uk

I have to agree with Pete, over many years I have switched many provider for many different services and have never had a problem with rewards tracking and certainly never had to clear history or cookies. Doing a simple google search brings up a large number of hits with people who all seem to have made the same claimed 'mistake'. Something smells bad here.

dsweeney81

Hi, I am still waiting to receive my reward card. I signed up in January and my account went live on the 27th.
Please can you tell me where my reward card is.
Thankyou
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Pete,

Appreciate what you've said and I'm really sorry again for the disappointment.

I've created a support ticket on your account with a further response you can view & respond to by going Here.

Hi John,

I've also responded to the ticket 222133983 that Adam's opened on your account, which I hope helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
louise75

Actually it did and still does on the uswitch website.  There is a £75 reward card for signing up with yourselves, I followed every detail right, never browsing anything.  I wanted to change my internet supplier and went on uswitch to see which one seemed the best.  There was a £75 reward card for signing up with plusnet so I chose that as I thought it was a good offer.  I’ve never had any problems with other offers from other suppliers in the past, I done everything I was told to do and nothing else, I was online for one reason only and that was to switch to a better supplier, or what I thought.  I’ve never had to clear any cache or cookies before so why should it matter now.

dsweeney81

I signed up to Plus net directly and was told I would receive a £75 gift card.
I'm still waiting. Can someone please help me with this.
Thankyou
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @louise75,

Thank you for getting back to us, I would just like to clear up some confusion. Please can you advise if the deal was taken online or over the phone as I can see a ticket here relating to the contract being taken over the phone.

Hiya @dsweeney,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it.

I have checked and you reward card is for £100 and I have sent the details on this ticket on how to claim it as well as when it expires.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
rubix1942
Dabbler

Not received mine either after 6 weeks.  I phoned up and they promised I would get it.  Nothing.  Phone a couple weeks later and a particularly unpleasant person stated i won't be getting it as I never entered some code, which is nonsense but that's that.  Really lovely people at plusnet.  I wish I never switched/