cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rearrange an engineer appointment for house move

FIXED
Cg3985

Rearrange an engineer appointment for house move

I had an engineer appointment arranged for Monday 18th March. I received a text message on Thursday asking if there is any work going on that may affect them coming.
I need to rearrange.
Thought best just to postpone (have a couple of dates the house would be completely empty).
Tried calling on Thursday, Friday and contacting a brilliant staff member who was dealing with my open ticket but she may have finished for the day/annual leave as I haven't heard back yet.
Basically I wanted to give them as much notice as possible but I just can't get hold of them via telephone. They wanted 48hrs notice for a rearrange which would be today but I've been trying to let them know since Thursday. Can anyone suggest another method of communication, email/chat bot, anything so I can get this rearranged.
Thanks and sorry for the long post!
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Rearrange an engineer appointment for house move

@Cg3985 Welcome to the forums. Who was the text message from - OpenReach or Plusnet? Could you not have replied to the text?

John
Cg3985

Just said it's open reach on behalf of plusnet.
It said I could reply. I replied 10mins after the receiving the text and it said it was too late to reschedule and to contact my provider! Thought I'd get a bit longer than 10mins to reply 😂
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

That sounds a little strange, these messages from OR are usually sent in time for you to reschedule - from my  limited experience.

I suggest you call PN as soon as possible today, but you may have a slight problem, as I understand OR's engineer rescheduling team don't work weekends.

Plusnet do not have dedicated staff to handle individual accounts, but anyone on that team should have been able to sort it for you.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

@Cg3985 

I've just checked over your account and can see that's been re-booked for you. Do give me a shout if there's anything else you need from us at all. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Cg3985 wrote:
Just said it's open reach on behalf of plusnet.
It said I could reply. I replied 10mins after the receiving the text and it said it was too late to reschedule and to contact my provider! Thought I'd get a bit longer than 10mins to reply 😂

Looking at a contemporary experience elsewhere around here I would recommend call Plusnet if you want to reschedule an install (and by implication the cease order) in relation to a house move.  The other user made a direct request to BTOR to move the installation date, but that out of process action did not ALSO reschedule the cease order at the current premises.

The user lost their existing account and its associated email.

BTOR ought not to be making orthogonal offers to reschedule installation dates.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.