cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on activation times

FIXED
jwobs

Query on activation times

I've just had my plusnet 'go live' engineer came out to register my ONT and stuff, he said I should be live and well.

Not getting internet connection from it and when I rang customer services they said there's nothing they can do and I just have to wait for Openreach to further activate it.

What's everyone's experience with the service being installed from the router being plugged in to this actually going live ( I live in a new build and didn't have previous broadband ) 

Also, is there anything I can personally do for this or just a somewhat automated change from OR?

TP Link adapters take me to the plusnet page to state there's an issue with my connection but when I browse to the 192.168.1.254 it states the page cannot be accessed (i'll wait this out and see but thought i'd still be able to access the router if hardwired in) 

TIA,

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Query on activation times

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

but when I browse to the 192.168.1.254 it states the page cannot be accessed

@jwobs

Once OR have commissioned the ONT, then the OR systems should mark the install as complete, that should trigger the PN systems to activate the account. It can sometimes take a few hours, not sure why !

What is the status of the LED's on the ONT ?

What colour is the LED on the router ?

Not withstanding anything above, if you have a device wired directly to the router then (providing its set to acquire an IP via DHCP) you should be able to access the router gui at 192.168.1.254

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jwobs

TP link next to router to TP link next to my PC. Also have a 4G dongle hardwired in giving me internet connection, could get to the 'your connection isn't online' page on plusnet but not browse to the routers GUI. I figured this was something to do with IPs given by my 4G dongle rather than the router itself.

hub is now showing a blue ring, so take it OR have connected. Which is earlier than i expected!  

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Fix

TP link next to router to TP link next to my PC

Im assuming you mean powerline adaptors(Homeplugs)

Also have a 4G dongle hardwired in giving me internet connection

That's possibly going to confuse things. Although the PC ought to know that 192.168.1.254 is on the local network connected via the homeplugs ?

What does an ipconfig (Im assuming the PC is windows) show for the NIC connected via the homeplugs ?

hub is now showing a blue ring, so take it OR have connected

That would indicate that OR have completed the work and that you're waiting for PN to activate the account. Being able to access the router and check the broadband username ( its likely showing setup@plusdsl.net ) would confirm...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.