Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureCard Activating Prepaid Card

CapIsland
Hooked

PureCard Activating Prepaid Card

Activate you card now:

* Just visit the website stated on the back of your card and follow the onscreen instructions.

PROBLEM 1: Why is the website not stated in the letter? On the card it's printed in a place where there are indentations for the raised name, making the sitename difficult to read.

PROBLEM 2: Why does the website printed on the card www.plusnet.purecard.com not exist?

PROBLEM 3: The actual website is plusnet.purecard.com (without the www, and I had to contact PlusNet to find out that one). This means they have deliberately put in the www in the hope that some customers just give up and do not bother claiming their reward, or they have such incompetent website programmers who do not know how to fix with problem using a .htaccess file. Either way, why should I then trust a company separate from PlusNet with my mobile number and date of birth, which I have to provide to get the card activated?

PROBLEM 4: Where in my contract does it state that to have my card activated I have to give my date of birth to a company who are either dishonest or have such awful website programmers that no sensible person would trust entering ANY sensitive details into their website?

8 REPLIES 8
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: PureCard Activating Prepaid Card

Hi @CapIsland, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your cash back. I'll pass on your feedback to the relevant department in regards to the website being incorrectly stated on the card and it not being present on the letter. I'd like to assure you, however, that this is not a deliberate measure and any customer who signs up to our service with a cash back deal is entitled to their cash back. We would not in anyway deliberately prevent that from happening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
CapIsland
Hooked

I still don't have my cash back as I refuse to use a website programmed by programmers who cannot even get the routing correct. I asked for someone to ring me back but no one did. I then got back onto Live Chat and was assured the whole thing would be looked into.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your response @CapIsland, for clarification  are you awaiting a call back from ourselves or from our third party who provide this cashback?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
CapIsland
Hooked

I am waiting on both actually.

PlusNet are getting back to me to see if they can provide a prepaid card without my having to give out my date of birth, or to determine whether I can enter a bogus date of birth into the PureCard website.

I have also emailed PureCard to ask whether I can enter bogus information into their site to activate the card.

CapIsland
Hooked

Plusnet have quickly responded to say that I can given  Purecard my details and then contact them to ask for my details to be removed from their system.

In light of this, I have asked whether I can just enter false information anyway since they intend to remove it.

CapIsland
Hooked

Plusnet have informed me that the information is only in case I need to contact Purecard or need to go back onto the site to add more money onto the card.

So that answers my question and I will just enter bogus info to activate the card.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @CapIsland

I am pleased to hear you're now on the right track to claiming your cash back.

If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
CapIsland
Hooked

Yes, for everyone else wondering, you can enter any details. My name is a character from The Avengers and my date of birth makes me over 100 years old.