cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line now active but ADSL now dead

spartagates

Phone line now active but ADSL now dead

Its been a bit of a shambles so far to be honest. No router turned up, even though my activation date was meant be today and now had an email saying "Because your broadband and home phone were activated at different times, we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill." whats that all about, I ordered both at the same time! My members area says the order is stuck on "checking your line". Not at all impressed Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Phone line now active but ADSL now dead

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

@spartagates wrote:

"Because your broadband and home phone were activated at different times, we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill." whats that all about, I ordered both at the same time!

Sometimes, a phone line can activate first and then broadband service on a different day. In your case, I've checked your order and this is still in progress for today. It can take anytime up to midnight to go live, as the order would need complete on the Openreach systems then BT Wholesale and then your account activates automatically.

@spartagates wrote:

My members area says the order is stuck on "checking your line". Not at all impressed Sad

That's because our internal systems didn't automatically update your account to reflect your order reaching the committed stage which essentially means our suppliers have confirmed the date your service should go live (which is today). I've updated this now so your order tracker on the Member Centre should update shortly too.

As a result of this issue, it meant your router wasn't sent automatically. Sad I can see you've spoken to our support team last night and we've manually ordered your router. Whilst the official timeframe is that it can take 3 to 5 working days to be delivered, I'd expect it to be in the post today via royal mail 1st class.

If you don't receive your router tomorrow and depending on the type of router you have with your previous provider, you may be able to configure it to work with Plusnet using this guide to help: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Once again, apologies for the rocky start.

Let us know you have any questions.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sometimes, a phone line can activate first and then broadband service on a different day

Surely if this was a SIM order placed by PlusNet or BTw / BTOR did not perform a cockerel-up, both services should have gone active on the same day?  So which party got it wrong and what can be done to prevent reoccurrence?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Townman,

Sometimes broadband can activate after a line. In this case, we placed a SIM order. The line has completed in the early hours of the morning and just as I'm typing this I'm checking the order and about 20 minutes ago the broadband completed.

The main problem here is that the account didn't update itself when KCI2 was received from our suppliers, thereby the router wasn't automatically ordered and dispatched. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spartagates

Yay! All on now; phew. It was the communication that has stressed me, I've had to chase things more than I should have and I am still without equipment, I've had to bodge an old router to get going. Thanks for the help Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that, apologies for any confusion.

Let us know if I can help further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet