Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order issues

FIXED
Blob
Dabbler

Re: Order issues

Done! Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention. Much appreciated.
Blob
Dabbler

I have an engineer coming out on Tuesday. Again, much appreciated! We will see what they say.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

I have an engineer coming out on Tuesday

@Blob do you know what triggered that ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Blob
Dabbler

I relayed the whole thing. The response I got was that they'd take a look into it, but it was saying in their notes that work had to be carried out on the footway box to connect up the cable to the ONT box.

I then sent the picture of my ONT box and stated about the lights and their status. That's when they decided to send one out asap.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Blob so this was in response to the email to the ceo ?

I then sent the picture of my ONT box and stated about the lights and their status. That's when they decided to send one out asap. 

Finally someone in Openreach with some sense! . It seems the 'system' has the wrong information (or the wrong address?) so they need an engineer to use a 'mark one eyeball' to confirm the situation.

Please let us know what the engineer says... it will be interesting!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Blob
Dabbler

Yep. Whoever looks after his inbox must have forwarded it on to escalations.

Will do. Hopefully this and the other topic can be of use to someone further on down the line.
Blob
Dabbler

The guy came, nice bloke.

Still no internet!

My line is okay, the ONT is okay. He thinks it is the router. I had brought my old one, he advised that we order a new one asap so we phoned while he was there. Guy on the plusnet CS line said this should have been picked up on weeks ago, ordered one for us.

Just got the email through to say the product change is complete and I now have broadband as well. Love the timing of this.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

What is your old router ?

Blob
Dabbler

Hub One.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hub one should work with full fibre. Just connect the Wan port.to the ONT with an ethernet cable. It will  limit the upstream to around 30Mb but it will work

Anunnaki
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you still can't get the Hub One working,  you could try wiring a laptop or PC's Ethernet port to the ONT, and configuring the computer's network settings to "PPPoE" and specifying your Plusnet connection's login name and password.

Blob
Dabbler

Got it working shortly after I messaged. The saga is over. Thanks to you all. Now, to buy a mesh system....the signal barely reaches the living room hahah.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Just got the email through to say the product change is complete and I now have broadband as well. Love the timing of this. 

@Blob I suspect that was triggered by the Openreach engineer marking the order as complete having checked the ONT.

Got it working shortly after I messaged. The saga is over.

That is likely due to the order completeion.

Now, to buy a mesh system....the signal barely reaches the living room hahah.

Blob
Dabbler

Cheers again MisterW.

Is there anyway this topic can be flagged in some way for people who encounter the same issue? I will tick the solution box and that.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Is there anyway this topic can be flagged in some way for people who encounter the same issue?

@Blob the problem is that most of these situations are to some extent unique. The main issue is that there seems no way using the normal 'procedures' for interaction between the ISP and Openreach to resolve the situation in a sensible way. For example , in your case it was pretty obvious that you had a working ONT and so Openreach saying work was required was complete rubbish! but there seemed little that the ISP could do to convince Openreach.

The issue with sensible resolution of these situations has been flagged with the company in the superuser discussion group.

BTW on the Mesh front, I'd be inclinced to see how the new router that PN are sending performs first. It will be a Hub 2 and the wifi performance should be better that the Hub one , although its not possible to separate the 2.4 & 5 ghz bands.