cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order error causing a problem

mac51
Grafter

Order error causing a problem

I switched my phone and broadband service back to Plusnet on 20/01/22 and it went live on 3/2. I had asked for the existing number to be retained but the sales guy said the line would have to have a different number initially but would then be re-numbered with the original. I expected this to be an automatic, rapid process so when nothing had changed by today I called support.

It appears that there have been errors in the ordering and provisioning process that mean that the number has gone into a quarantine state for 14 days and can't be picked up until after that period and there is a chance that it could be lost.

According to the support agent the order could have been put through in a way that kept the number from the start of service.

We have had this number for over 40 years but for a period of 14 days, and possibly permanently, the hospital and doctors and friends will not be able to use it.

A ticket has been raised for action to reclaim the number but it is infuriating that this has not been handled properly.

I don't know whether the  help team have any way of fixing this but I certainly hope that it can be monitored so that no further problems occur

A very disappointing return to Plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Order error causing a problem

I'm really sorry to hear what's gone on here @mac51.

You're right, not the best start at all I'm afraid, the agent you spoke to today is absolutely right, in that the number could have been retained upon sign up, so it's extremely frustrating to see that we not have to wait until 18/02/2022 to place an order to retain it.

Once we take over a line with a new number, the current number goes into a quarantined status, just in case the line was taken over accidentality. After 14 days, the number is then returned to it's original owner, in your case, BT.

As we're part of the BT group, we will be able to retain it eventually. Our provisioning team have raised a complaint on the account for you, which you can both view and comment on here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mac51
Grafter

Thanks @adam945 , I was nervous that things need monitoring to make sure it's not messed up again. I'm even more nervous now because the ticket has an error in the number that is needed for the re-numbering. It has the final digit missing. Shakes my faith a bit.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Looks like you fixed this yourself haha, but yeah well spotted, I've just popped the open ticket on hold until the 18th which is when we'll be able to place an order to retain your number.

Let me know if you have any further questions / concerns.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mac51
Grafter

Hi @adam945 . The support agent I spoke to (who did a good job of sorting out what happened and explaning the implications) thought it would be a good idea to raise the complaint. I now agree but when I follow the link you provided I can't see anything that looks like a complaint. I need to add to this to make clear the impact etc. Shall I add information to the bottom of this ticket or will that confuse things. If so, how do I raise a separate ticket?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @mac51, thanks for getting back to us. To be honest I wouldn't recommend creating another ticket, as that open ticket is marked as a complaint (please be assured agents our side will see this) all information relating to the issue needs to be kept on there.

If you want to add anything at any point, you can add a reply on that ticket for you and once the issue with the number has been sorted, the team will look to bring this to a resolution with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team