cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

jemma1997

Order delayed

Hi,

I ordered broadband on the 16th October, and recently received a text saying my order is delayed. I’ve tried ringing the customer support team but am put on hold for ages. I had to abandon my last call as I was working. I’ve tried checking my account and it just says my order is being processed.

I assume the delay may be due to me moving home. I believe the previous occupier cancelled their broadband and from reading posts online it seems this takes longer than a normal switch.

I still need a rough timescale of when my broadband will be up and running however. I work from home regularly and this will affect when I can properly move into my property. Is there another way to gain an update on my order, rather than just waiting on hold for hours?

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Order delayed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cigs80
Hooked

I have something similar although I have not moved home. Placed order to move from Virgin to Plusnet. Plusnet say Openreach need to come and inspect the property and then let me know of my activation date. Originally when I placed the order the activation date was 11 November. Now they say it will be delayed - they don’t realise that so many people work from home and broadband is absolutely crucial for their work.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

@cigs80 In your case, there is an added complication - there may be no BT line installed/available, and as you may be aware, Openreach have had a number of one-day strikes, each of which will be pushing appointment dates further out.

John
cigs80
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway that I can contact Openreach to see when they can come to install the line or do I have to contact Plusnet ?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

You cannot contact OR direct, you have to go through PN.

John
cigs80
Hooked

Thanks, when I contact PN, they do not have a clue what is going on. Absolutely ridiculous.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi @cigs80, I'm really sorry for the delay. With full fibre installations sometimes Openreach need to carry out work external to your property to get things ready before we can arrange an appointment. 

That's what we're waiting on at the moment and we should have an update for you in a few day's time on 2/11/22

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
roylovelock

Ive just had a sim problem, we initially ordered 900mb to be installed on the 19th oct, then openreach decided that 900mb wasn't available in our area and cancelled the order a few days before, i then agreed to install 300mb to be installed on the 1st nov pm (tomorrow), with great annoyance as i had to move a annual leave day. Then i get a message about an hour ago that it will be installed on the 21st nov AM - 24 hrs notice is not acceptable especially as i had already booked my last annual leave day for tomorrow to complete the installation. Thanks a lot - ive cancelled the contract now and when my old contract expires i will be moving elsewhere.  I wonder how openreach would feel if we gave them 24hrs notice.....