Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed on day of activation

asmamg28
Dabbler

Order delayed on day of activation

Hi there,

I signed up to PlusNet Brilliant Broadband and my broadband service was due to become active by midnight on 31/03/2021.

My previous provider who I transferred from, cancelled my broadband services yesterday afternoon. Of course I know my broadband wouldn’t connect with PlusNet as it was the 30th yesterday.

But now I’m getting worried as to whether I’ll have broadband by tonight or not.

I have been using mobile data since yesterday and I’m a teacher. So I need the internet to do my planning.

I’d be grateful if you could look into this as I am currently at work, so cannot get in touch by phone.

Thanks
Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Order delayed on day of activation

due to become active by midnight on 31/03/2021

That actually means by 00:00 on 31st. So your broadband SHOULD have been active yesterday!. Looks like something went wrong. I'm sure one of the helpful PlusNet staff will be along shortly to advise.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @asmamg28, thanks a lot for getting in touch. I'm so sorry, the order has been cancelled due to an Openreach error. Sad

Basically, they weren't able to process the associated stop order that was placed by the losing service provider, so our start order could not be completed. We're going to need to start again I'm afraid. I'd have replaced the orders this morning, but the broadband order remains stuck in a committed status, so I've contacted Openreach to have it cancelled down. 

Once cancelled, our Provisioning Team will get the orders replaced. 

There's an open ticket that our Provisioning Team are monitoring here, you'll be able to view and comment on it for direct communication with them. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
asmamg28
Dabbler

Well, thank you for the response and dealing with the issue promptly.

I can barely get any work done at home due to having no internet. Simply relying on mobile data.

Anyways, tried to get intouch by phone again. Couldn’t get through.

But this correspondence appeared in relation to replacing my order:

• Type of Order: New Line Installation
• Retain number, where possible: No

I am confused as I have been with PlusNet before, open reach had no issues and I was able to successfully switch to you without having any new line installation and was able to retain my number.

I do not want to have my number changed.

Thanks.
Elmr123
Hooked

I have the exact same problem and a very similar situation. I've now run out of data and relying on a very terrible BT hotspot (which I had to pay for). My connection was due yesterday (2nd) but had a text yesterday morning saying it had been delayed but no reasoning. My old supplier dropped out on the 31st march. Hope you get sorted soon.
asmamg28
Dabbler

Oh what a shame! I truly feel for you and can totally relate.

It’s such a pain. My mobile data is close to running out. Guess I’ll be leaving my workplace late this week if I don’t get my broadband. 😑
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @asmamg28

I'm really sorry for the confusion. From what I can see there are no working or stopped lines at your address, so it's likely that the line you had has since been re-used by an engineer to connect another property.

Can you add to the ticket Here with what your landline number was? I can't guarantee we can get it back depending on who owns the number and if it's been re-assigned but I can try for you. 

If you can post back once you've responded to the ticket, I can get that picked up for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Elmr123 wrote:
I have the exact same problem and a very similar situation. I've now run out of data and relying on a very terrible BT hotspot (which I had to pay for). My connection was due yesterday (2nd) but had a text yesterday morning saying it had been delayed but no reasoning. My old supplier dropped out on the 31st march. Hope you get sorted soon.

I'll respond to your own thread you've made shortly for you once I've looked into the issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asmamg28
Dabbler

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have responded to the ticket with my landline number.
asmamg28
Dabbler

Also, forgot to add. We tried ringing on the landline number a couple of times yesterday. The ring does go through, but no one answered.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I've updated the ticket 223232426 for you now and I'll follow up tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asmamg28
Dabbler

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've escalated this to a manager within our suppliers number porting team as they hadn't got back to me within their 4 hour time-frame (They don't work Sunday's but start at 8am on a Monday). Once I've heard back, I'll let you know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @asmamg28

Our suppliers have accepted the number port to get your number back and I'm currently waiting to receive a confirmed installation date for an engineer to visit you. We should know more by 06.04.22 so I'll check back then.

I'm out of the office tomorrow but feel free to post back if you need help while I'm away and one of my colleagues may be able to help you in my absence.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya, I've received that confirmed date a lot quicker than I thought and I've added that confirmation to the ticket ref 223232426. If you can get back to me over there with some availability when you'll be available for a visit within the next week or so, I can ask our suppliers to expedite the order for you, based on the previous orders failing in their systems.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet