cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delay - no update

evelynmorgan37

Order delay - no update

25 January- ordered plusnet broadband package. Agreed 1 February as activation date.

1 February- No broadband kit has been delivered to the address. I have had no update from plusnet on where the kit is and when it will be delivered.

The money has already been taken off my account so I want to know when this will be delivered and what compensation I'll receive.
14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Order delay - no update

@evelynmorgan37 Welcome to the forums. Are there any open questions/tickets on your account? Are you moving from another provider?

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @evelynmorgan37 

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

Unfortunately, the order we placed has failed as there's another open order due to complete on the 17th.

I'd recommend contacting your current provider and getting them to cancel any orders in place. As it stands we can't do anything further until the 17th

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
evelynmorgan37

Hi Matthew.
I have just moved into the flat that I am ordering the kit and not with any broadband provider; hence why I am trying to sort out Plusney Broadband.

I have not ordered any other Broadband or WiFi packages with another provider, and there is no router in the property so I don't understand how there can be an order open.

Please advise next steps. I have had no communication from Plusnet advising off issues, but have already paid for the first month package. Will I be refunded for the days where my plusnet broadband has not been activated? During purchase of the package, there was nothing to inform me of any issues so I have been paying for a router and service that don't exist.

When will the issues be resolved?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

I don't understand how there can be an order open.

the order is very likely to be the previous occupant cancelling whatever service they had. Until that order completes,  no other ISP can place any order for a new service

Your advance payment is for the first months service. That month will only start when your service is installed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @evelynmorgan37 

We take your first month's payment upfront so you won't be paying again until a month after things have gone active

It may well be that the order was put in place by the previous owner of the property but unfortunately, we can't confirm

I've replaced the order this evening in case it's been cleared now. As soon as we know more we'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@evelynmorgan37 wrote:
Hi Matthew.
I have just moved into the flat that I am ordering the kit and not with any broadband provider;
@evelynmorgan37 When did you actually move, and when did the previous tenants leave?
John
evelynmorgan37

Hi John.

I moved into the flat 13 January and I believe the tenants before me moved out 1 or 2 Januaey.
jab1
Legend

Thanks, Evelyn, so that begs the question why does what appears to be a working line takeover take over month? Doubt we'll get a sensible reply - BT/OR seem to be adopting the ways of the old GPO Telephones - the end customer is just a nuisance to be tolerated.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just checked back on this and unfortunately the order Matt placed has been cancelled off so it looks like we'll need to wait until the 17th for the open order on Openreach's systems to be cleared off. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@adamwalker You probably can't/won't answer this, but what orders take over month to clear on OpenReach?

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

John, a late cancelation from a supplier that requires 28/31 days notice would do it.

jab1
Legend

@Mustrum True - didn't think of that, but it would be good if the OP had been advised that was the case - if it was - rather just the bald 'oh, you've got to wait a month', with no further explanation. I wouldn't be happy if this happened to me, I know that.

John
evelynmorgan37

Hi Adam. The 17th February has now passed but I have not received any updates re being able to activate my broadband package. I tried to start my hub today but it did not work, only flashed green. When will the package be activated? This is over a month now of no communication.

When I initially purchased the package, Plusnet allowed me to set 30 January as the activation date. There were no updates on my account or by email to advise me that there was an open order on the account and nothing could be progressed until 17 February. Will I therefore be compensated for all the days that I have not had the hub activated, as it was through no fault of my own?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @evelynmorgan37 

I'm sorry you've had no updates on your order.

I've replaced the order for you this afternoon and as soon as we know any further we'll e-mail/text you 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team