Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delay after confirmation email?

FIXED
cainecridland

Order delay after confirmation email?

Hello,

This morning at 7am I received an email telling me that my "fibre broadband service is now up and running!" - I had booked it to be installed today.

The router was unable to find broadband all day and had a flashing orange light but I assumed that it was because I needed to wait until midnight.

At 8:24pm I then received two text messages stating that there's a delay with my phone line order and broadband order.

I would like to know what is going on as the text messages did not give any reason

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Order delay after confirmation email?

@cainecridland Welcome to the forums. Is your phone-line working? As regards the broadband, yes it can take up to midnight of your go-live date for all the internal systems to mesh - if you still have issues in the morning, post back.

John
cainecridland

Hi John,

The broadband was not activated this morning - an openreach engineer came over and did some work to connect the phone line and confirm it's connected at the socket but the broadband is still not connected. He said something about another engineer having to come and do that but I do not know what is going on in the background or have any way to track this

jab1
Legend

If your phone line is connected and operational, you should not need another engineer to connect the broadband.

Before I say any more, is this a brand new installation or a transfer from another ISP? What BB service are you having Fibre To The Cabinet or Full Fibre?

John
cainecridland

The engineer told me that he'd connected one but not the other, then looked in his notes and saw that I should have a fibre connection.

This is a new installation and the broadband is FTTC

jab1
Legend

Fix

Ah, nowe are getting somewhere. 😉 If this is a new installation, out  of curiosity, is this because the property was previously served by (say) Virgin, or is it a new-build?

In any case, you should not need an engineer visit to the property for the BB connection, but they will have to visit your local cb (green box in the street) to make the connection, and that will be a different engineer.

Once the connection is made in the cab, Plusnet will be informed and then set their automated system in motion to complete the connection.

John
cainecridland

Just received a call fromt he engineer and it turns out he went back to the cabinet and created the needed connection - all sorted! Thanks for the help!