cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Delayed but no information

davidepperry

Order Delayed but no information

Broadband and phone last night for installation 17 March 2022 (Sky contract finishing same date). Received a text 1045 this morning "Your broadband order has been delayed. For details, please call 0345 140 0200 and select 'ask about a recent order' or visit http://help.plus.net/"

• Tried http://help.plus.net/ but all it tells me that my order is progressing.
  • Tried ringing number but placed in a queue - ...our operators are very busy...
  • Tried online chat but they cannot help and cannot put me through to cancellations.
  • Despite website promising to keep me updated on my order by email I have heard nothing and am none the wiser.

I have no intention of wasting my time dealing with PlusNet’s incompetence. If they cannot tell me what is going on and what they are doing to rectify the situation, I will be sending a recorded delivery letter to its head office (copied to Ofcom) cancelling the order and demanding the immediate return of monies taken fraudulently from my account.

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Order Delayed but no information

Sky contract finishing same date

@davidepperry  does the above mean that you have cancelled directly with Sky rather than just request PlusNet transfer the service ? If so, then Sky will have placed a 'cease' against the line and no ISP can place any order until the cease completes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@davidepperry

Hi David, I'm sorry to hear that your orders have been delayed. I've had a look through this today to find out what's happening and dropped you an email.

I'll keep an eye on your account for you and if you need to ask me a question you can do so by replying through this link

- Curtis, Plusnet Sheffield

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
tonymc99

I have been a customer of Plusnet both Broadband and mobile for well over five years and since my mobile remains with them I decided to go back to Plusnet for Broadband after a couple of months living away having cancelled my ontract.

I went through the process the day  before yesterday paid the money and only then did I find that it would take two weeks to provide me service.  My brother has just changed to BT and it took two days.  I have spoken to support (having waiting over an hour listening to awful music) to be told this is tandard.  I am not impressed and seriously considering cancelling to go to BT instead.  What say you to a long term loyal customer or does that count for nothing in this cut and thrust world?

In the meantime I am paying to hotspot from my mobile and can see the costs of this being to high to contemplate.  Decisions are therefore immanent

Tony

davidepperry

Many thanks for your reply. I did contact sky direct to tell I was leaving in contract because of the above inflation increases they were imposing. I told them that I was making other arrangements. Whether what you say is the case I have no idea because PlusNet is not telling me anything and having wasted all day yesterday trying to find out what is happening and what they are doing to rectify the situation, I am not prepared to waste any more. 

Perhaps I should have looked online before placing an order, because this appears to be a regular occurrence with PlusNet.

davidepperry

Curtis Smith many thanks for your response. (really seeking an email response)

You may well have dropped me an email but I have received nothing from you - I have checked my spam box! I did receive a call from +44 800 587 2004, which appears to be a number used by BT, at 4:11 pm but no one was there when I reached across and answered.

Really seeking an email response from PlusNet telling me why my order has supposedly been delayed and what actions it is taking to resolve any issues.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@davidepperry  if you login to your plusnet account and then click the link that Curtis posted above , you should be able to see his response.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidepperry

Tony, thanks you for your response.

Terrible service as you have described and have done some research we do not appear to be unique. Part of my research indicates that "BT is Plusnet's parent company"!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@davidepperry  maybe you should continue your research and look into Ofcom rules for phone and broadband suppliers, and the difference between starting a stopped line, and taking over an existing line.

Hint, one takes a couple of days, the other must be 10 days at least. Which will be why your brother gone online quicker than you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@tonymc99 wrote:

I went through the process the day  before yesterday paid the money and only then did I find that it would take two weeks to provide me service.  My brother has just changed to BT and it took two days.

Tony,

How long it takes depends on the state of the line.  If it is a stopped line with no existing service / provider, then two days to activate it is actually a tad slow.  Usually Plusnet would activate a stopped line the following day.

If a line has an active service on it - as does yours - then under Ofcom anti-slamming rules there MUST be a 10 day cooling off period during which the gaining provider must notify the existing provider of their intention to take over the line, so that the existing provider can allow their customer to cancel the transfer.  See Switching - landline - Ofcom

"If you change your mind during the switching process, you must contact your new provider to cancel your request to switch. You have a ten working day period from the date your new provider notifies your old provider during which you have a right to cancel your request to switch without being charged."

Therein is the fundamental reason that switching an active line takes at least 2 weeks.  I say at least because other things (some done by the user) introduce additional delays...

If the existing provider has been told to cease service on a particular date by their customer, NO OTHER ISP can place a new order until the cease date has been passed.

Your situation and your brother's situation are not the same, so the timescales will be quite different, irrespective of who is the ISP.