Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Delayed - Can I cancel?

FIXED
K2UGA
Fixes: 1

Order Delayed - Can I cancel?

Hi there,

My Full Fibre order has been delayed since 6th September. I have looked at my tickets thanks to the help of this site.

The reason for the delay states that I "live within a multi dwelling building type, it requires complex engineering work to connect the customers building to the fibre network in their street". And it appears that there is no solution. Plusnet said that Full Fibre was available at my address but clearly it is not. I really need internet for work and I realise I can only get standard broadband now.

My question is, how do I just put a stop to this order and get my money back so I can order standard broadband (from Plusnet or whoever is cheapest)

It is past the 14 days from when I placed the order but feel that I should not be penalised for this. Please help Sad

Chris
Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Order Delayed - Can I cancel?

You'll need to speak to the customer options team.

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
K2UGA

Thanks dvorak,

What happens if I just wait? Will they do the necessary work or will my order be cancelled anyway by Plusnet?

How long is an acceptable amount of delay?

Regards
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

It'll be openreach doing the work, but you'd need to ask PN if they can get a timeframe as you can't deal with openreach directly.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
K2UGA

Fix
Thank you, I had to cancel in the end. Too much work for Openreach and they disconnected my copper so mobile broadband it is then. Such a shame.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@K2UGA wrote:
Thank you, I had to cancel in the end. Too much work for Openreach and they disconnected my copper 

Are you saying that OR removed your copper land-line, or that it is just disconnected (i.e. no broadband service)? I'd be surprised if you were left with no possible OR broadband - although it would have to be a SOGEA connection now, but Plusnet (and other ISPs) do offer that.

K2UGA

Whilst cancelling the advisor said they would offer me a SOGEA connection, when he went to check the price he stopped and said, "Oh, Openreach has disconnect your line for us and we can't offer you a SOGEA connection anymore, I can only cancel sorry". You seem more knowledgeable than me about this so you might know what that means. Either way, when I checked prices with other providers it would have ended up cost more than Full Fibre for an inferior product so went with 5G mobile broadband £20 per month 3 months free.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@K2UGA wrote:
Whilst cancelling the advisor said, "Oh, Openreach has disconnect your line for us and we can't offer you a SOGEA connection anymore, I can only cancel sorry". 

I'm (sort of) surprised OR have left you with no broadband options at all - they do have a universal broadband obligation where they have to provide a minimum 10Mbps broadband connection on request. There are "get-out-of-jail-free" clauses where they don't have to do that if it is too expensive, but where you did have a connection I can't see that they can really use that excuse.

However 5G may be the best option anyway.