Did you mean: 

Open Reach were a no show!

FIXED
bundybarron
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Open Reach were a no show!

Evening.

As the title says I was due to upgrade my plusnet from regular fibre to Full Fibre 74 to the Premises on Thursday 25th August(yesterday).
Appointment was from 08:00 to 13:00. But no one came to our property. However Open reach did turn up to the neighbours property and install a new line there. I asked the installers if they were coming to our house next but they said no. Now the neighbours have only just moved in and been there 3 days, so they may have had an instal booked themselves who knows. I haven’t met or spoke to them yet so I don’t know either way.
Anyway I’ve spent an hour and a half speaking to various plusnet customer service staff trying to find out what’s going on. According to their screens Openreach have done the instal and demonstration and all is working. My account also now says I have Full Fibre 74.
Of course my original broadband package ceased to work at 13:00 hours on Thursday so I now have no internet at all to the property!
I realise this is not entirely Plusnets fault and OpenReach are a separate company but an agent on Thursday and one today said they would be back in touch or someone would by the evening(Friday).
But nothing.
Now it’s a three day weekend!!
Can anyone help? I can’t keep hanging on the phone and going from one advisor to another and getting nowhere. I just need the line putting in ASAP.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Open Reach were a no show!

@bundybarron  This doesn't look good, if Plusnet believe the install has happened and your account is showing a Full Fibre fibre product it looks like Openreach have installed in the wrong property. 

You need to get back to Plusnet to contact their supplier (i.e.) Openreach to sort it out, but with the bank holiday weekend there is likely to be a delay, it's worth asking if your old service could be restored but I suspect that could be difficult, the ordering systems at Plusnet and Openreach are slow and awkward, particularly when something has gone wrong. 

Have a chat with the neighbour, see if they were expecting an Openreach visit, the evidence seems to suggest they got the wrong address.☹️

bundybarron
Dabbler

Well I spoke with the neighbour( nice chap, his names Pete, can’t remember what he said his wife’s name was though).

He is very unhappy with BT (and British Gas too). The very nice Open Reach people installed his line which they then demonstrated and it wouldn’t connect to the router(orange light). They then left! He now has no working broadband and no phone line as they removed the copper line(which I know they do).
He’s since spent several hours on the phone to BT to sort it all out, but so far BT have failed to do so.

So it seems my neighbour was meant to have something installed, and whether or not he actually has my line instead seems irrelevant. We’ve both spent several hours on hold or talking to the lovely people at BT and Plusnet only to be fobed off with no satisfactory outcome so far.

Hopefully a member of staff might see this and look into it.

At least now my kids no what no Netflix and no smart Tv and no online gaming feels like. Although my 2 year old still can’t understand why he can’t watch Pepper Pig when he asks!
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@bundybarron  Unfortunately no Plusnet staff have replied here. Have you contacted Plusnet directly to find out what is going on? Openreach in their wisdom have failed to provide FTTP to two premises and they just walk away and leave you to contact the providers who don't appear to be able to work out out what has gone wrong. I suspect your service has been installed at the neighbours house so their BT service would not be able to connect. This would explain why your existing service has been terminated as Plusnet incorrectly believe the FTTP has been installed.

There is a staff wizard who hasn't been around for a few days but may be back this week @Gandalf who should be able to help you, let's hope he sees this post.

bundybarron
Dabbler

Hey @RealAleMadrid

Yes plusnet can see an active fibre connection to my house and Open reach notes say they installed the ONT at my property.
Still not sure they quite believe me when I tell them that they’ve installed it at the wrong house. They believe it just needs activating properly!
Anyway I spoke with another Plusnet staff on Sunday and expressed my views on what’s happened etc. she promised a call back on Monday! And for the first time, true to her word this member of staff did call back. Hurrah!
I’m booked in on Friday 2nd between 8am and 1pm for activation! I told the lady I need the whole lot as there is nothing but an old copper line to my premises. Open reach failed to decipher between the house numbers and obviously failed to confirm details with the house owner the last time so maybe a large banner on the front of the house is in order this time?!

Which me luck!!
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@bundybarron That's good news, an unnecessary delay due to Openreach messing it up but you are getting somewhere. Hope you convinced Plusnet that you haven't got a fibre connection to the house so Openreach know a full install is needed and it's not just an activation problem.🙄

bundybarron
Dabbler

Fix
@RealAleMadrid

Open reach came this morning about 8:30 (after phoning @8:15, which didn’t happen last week)and installed a new line, ONT etc connected the router, confirmed working and removed old copper line too.

There was much rejoicing from us all!

Open reach guy was very nice and at a loss as to what had happened the previous week.

Just a gentle reminder to Plusnet that I was paying for a service that I wasn’t receiving for one week. 😉

All’s well that ends well I guess.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@bundybarron  Excellent, glad you got it sorted. You should definitely be entitled to some compensation from Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed staff response firstly. If I were to say we're busy, that would be an understatement...

I'm glad that your FTTP service was installed in the end and apologies for the issues you've had! 

We're signed up to Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme, so I've made sure we'll compensate you for the missed appointment and the delayed activation as you had no connection for some time. 

I've worked this out to be £68.24 that I've added as an account credit, which will go towards your next payments with us. 

We've got a good guide Here which explains how I've come to this calculation. I hope this is okay. 

Let me know if you've got further queries or there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bundybarron
Dabbler

Thanks for the response and compensation @Gandalf

Very happy with the Full fibre and new Hub 2 router. Getting good speeds and making up for the week off from the internet 😂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Haha aye, glad to see that! Cheesy 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet