cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONT installation

mabeltime

ONT installation

An engineer came here on Friday (28th) and was able to install the box internally, but said that he'd need to call out someone else to climb a telephone pole and sort the wires out because the flat didn't have an ONT connection. Not entirely sure what any of that meant but was told they'd come by in the next 48 hours. But now it's the next Tuesday (1st) and no one's come?? 

Do I need to be home for this kind of installation/ONT connection? How long do these things usually take?

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: ONT installation

@mabeltime 

They need to run a fibre cable from the pole to an external box on your wall and then connect to the internal ONT.

You probably need to be at home uless the external box was installed on the first visit.

Brian

mabeltime

@bmc thank u! Is the external box usually on the other side of the wall from the internal box? Is there a way I can check?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@mabeltime 

Any word on your install yet?

Apart from the obvious of looking on the wall outside is there cable running from the internal wall to either the Master Socket orf a new hole in the wall.

Brian

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @mabeltime,

I'm sorry to hear that there's not been an update sent to you on this yet. I've had a look over this today and our suppliers are estimating that, due to the work required to complete the install, the orders may complete on the 30th of November. I can see that our Provisioning Team are monitoring this case and will provide a further update when it becomes available. If you have any additional queries in the meantime then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team