cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No communication about broadband order

FIXED
Adam09shaw

No communication about broadband order

I recently order broadband nearly 2 weeks ago and recieved a notification to say my phone line was active a day later, however I have heard nothing since about when my hub will be shipped or when my broadband will be activated, how long should it take to receive my hub and broadband be activated
14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: No communication about broadband order

Fix

Thanks for your post @Adam09shaw and apologies for the delay. I can see you've spoken with us today and we've pushed your broadband order through to our suppliers and that's due to go live on the 15th April. You'll receive your router before then. Let us know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread but just wondering how anyone can speak to you at the moment?  I couldnt get through to anyone on the phone and Twitter messages dont appear to be besing read?

Thanks,

Andy

Adam09shaw

Hi Andy,

I eventually managed to speak to someone on the phone, the phones lines open at 9 so I rang just after and managed to get in a holding queue and through to someone.

Thanks
Adam
dugone
Dabbler

Ah cool - thanks @Adam09shaw I will keep trying then!

Smiley

dgfr2
Dabbler

I have a similar problem. I have asked for my broadband to be restored after I had cancelled it because I was due to move to another town on the very next day after the government put a stop to house removals.

That was on the 25th March. I had my landline service restored very soon after (and I still have my router) but  there is still no sign of my broadband. One of your colleagues, [CSA Removed], telephoned me about it on Monday of this week but he had difficulties hearing me and I had difficulties hearing him, so that didn't get us anywhere.(Then we tried text messaging and that system failed us as well.)

Meanwhile the 'Question' system is stacking up messages like "What does 'sent back to BOT - Simultaneous Provides' MEAN? and I still don't know how soon I can hope to regain my internet. This is serious deprivation for my wife and me. We are two elderly folk (both in our 80s) living in the countryside and trying to self-isolate. It is very difficult at present being without our broadband (I'm using someone else's to write this) because it means we must endanger ourselves by driving into town to seek supplies much more often than we ought to be doing.

I would be grateful if you could find out what is happening

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @dgfr2, I am very sorry that you are currently without Broadband and for the inconvenience this is causing you.

I have now placed your Broadband order; the minimum lead time is 5 working days however, we should have an update within the next 48 working hours as to when this will complete. I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do to speed this up.

With regards to the message of 'sent back to BOT - Simultaneous Provides' this is an internal message and just relates to the work pool that the open ticket is in.

I have updated your ticket for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @dugone, if you provide more information of the query you have we may be able to assist via this platform for you or our other users may be able to step in and provide advice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dugone
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB

I’d like to know what happened to the plan to give me ADSL+ until my fibre connection gets sorted, when I can expect my modem to arrive and when eventually I will get the fibre? I was supposed to get a call back but it never happened.
Would have been nice to get an apology for not getting connected in the first place as the system couldn’t find the post code, delaying the order.

Thanks,

Andy
dgfr2
Dabbler

I'm glad to hear the broadband has now been ordered. But I can't understand why Plusnet didn't order it nearly 2 weeks ago (as soon as the phone was restored). I hope we are not going to be waiting another 2 weeks for the installation to be carried out.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @dugone, I can see that @Gandalf has now picked this up for you and responded on your other thread.

Hi @dgfr2, I am sorry for the delay. We had to wait until the renumber order for the phone had complete before placing the broadband order. I have updated the ticket for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dgfr2
Dabbler

I never asked for the telephone to be renumbered; I simply asked for my phone/broadband service to be reinstated. This I did the day it had been closed down March 25th. And now it seems that a month (minus 4 days) has to pass before my service will have been be restored in full (April 21st).

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @drfr2, I have sent a further update via the ticket.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to add to my above message, I have ownership of your ticket so if you have any further queries in the meantime, please just reply on the ticket thread/ the text message sent.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
vsoundur17

Hi there, I'm having a similar experience. I ordered my broadband service on July 2nd. And so far I have received a router but had not update on when my service will be made live. I have checked online and it just says "activating your line" but no specifics. 

I started paying for the service on July 2nd so feel slightly ripped off already that I'm halfway through the month with no broadband and no updates? 

Can you please escalate my order. The order number is BP04470123 

Thanks