Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activation date for new service

FIXED
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

Re: No activation date for new service

@Gandalf 

“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”

I am delighted to report that we had an Openreach engineer round today to fix whatever problem was on the line and I am typing while connected to PlusNet. Thanks for all your efforts and long may the era of not having to rely on mobile data continue!

One happy consequence of the engineer visit was that he told us, contrary to the check conducted when we first signed up to PlusNet (as well as the Openreach Fibre Checker), that FTTC is available at our address. I don't know if this is something that has only just been made available or if the original check was incorrect as a consequence of the problems we've experienced in trying to set up the connection, but it is a great relief to know we don't have to settle with ADSL speeds. I have started the process of upgrading our account and the order seems to have been accepted so I'm really hoping for plain sailing this time!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@gnarlybravo 

“I think I’m quite ready for another adventure”

Nice! I’m glad to see your broadband’s finally working and fibre’s available for you now Thumbs_Up Let me know how it goes, I’m happy to keep an eye on it next week.

P.S. Logged on just to see this good news. Been at Alton Towers today. If you’ve never been and you’re into this sort of stuff, I recommend. While fun though I do miss the log flume which was taken down years ago.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

@Gandalf that's very kind, thanks.

Incidentally, I have only been to Alton Towers once (it's quite a trek from here) but I loved it, perhaps partly because it was the first trip I took with my then girlfriend (now wife). The log flume was a highlight, as was Oblivion and Nemesis. It feels like a return trip is in order now our kids are old enough to enjoy it. I'm glad you had a good day out and I salute your dedication to the cause in logging on during your holiday!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

No problem at all. Ah nice, I'd definitely recommend going back with your kids. Nemesis was good and I used to like Oblivion but the slow climb and the hang to the long drop is terrifying for me now. My favourite were Enterprise and Galactica (Probably mainly because I love Star Trek and sci-fi stuff). The Wicker Man was also really cool.

Just checked your fibre order and it's scheduled to go live on the 7th October (anytime before midnight) Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

"Farewell, my brave Hobbits.

My work is now finished. Here at last, on the shores of the sea... comes the end of our Fellowship."

Looks like your fibre order's now completed. Feel free to let me know though anytime if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with and don't forget to watch the Lord of the Rings with your son! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

Thank you, @Gandalf, I really appreciate all the hard work you put in to turn that router light blue. Before I came to the forum, it sometimes felt like things were dragging on more than the final third of the Return of the King extended cut. Thanks for your dedication, expertise and good humour - it really means a lot!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. Not a problem @gnarlybravo

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had with us before posting here. I'm happy to pass feedback on to the other advisers you've spoken to as I know things could've been handled better. 

Cheers also for your time, it's again been a pleasure to help you Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet