Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activation date for new service

FIXED
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

Re: No activation date for new service

@Gandalf “The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.”

Thanks for the update and your hard work so far, if there's any chance of getting the activation into this week, I'd be eternally grateful!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@gnarlybravo

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"

I submitted the expedite at 12pm and just waiting for a response. Assuming all goes to plan, the order should be brought forward to tomorrow as in theory expedites submitted before 4pm on a working day are done for the next working day. 

Fingers crossed!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

For Frodo!

The expedite's been accepted and your broadband should go live tomorrow before midnight (Providing that the engineer can sneak into the exchange without being seen by the great eye)

In clearer words, it'd be due to engineer availability on the day. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

@Gandalf “The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.”

This is great news, thank you so much. The first thing I'm going to do when I get a working connection is to stream the LotR trilogy and introduce it to my son!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo 

“If by my life or death I can protect you, I will”

Definitely sounds like a plan! I’m sure he’ll love it.

At one point I could almost recite the whole trilogy. I watch it through every few months now just to brush up. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

As the engineer stepped into the exchange, they cried "Is this all you can conjure, Saruman?"

Happy to confirm the engineering work's carried out and the order's in its final stages before it completes in the supplier systems which should be by midnight tonight but I'm hoping for a lot sooner as I'm out of the office tomorrow for the rest of the week and I'd love to see you online before I go. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

@Gandalf "I go now to the halls of waiting to sit beside my fathers, until the world is renewed."

Great to hear the work is done, although I'm still yet to have confirmation of everything being ready to go. I hope to be able to send you on your break with joyous news though!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

"One broadband to rule them all, one broadband to find them, one broadband to bring them all, and in the exchange, bind them."

The order's completed now and I've just activated your account our side.

With the luck of the dwarves, you should be able to connect when you've setup your router. Let me know Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@gnarlybravo 

Ah we've checked your phone line and sadly there's a fault showing somewhere along the line which is likely going to stop you from getting online. Sadly it doesn't look like today's the day. I've raised this with Openreach and we've been given an estimated response time of by 01/10/21 23:59:59 for an engineer to take a closer look.

I will not say do not weep for not all tears are an evil, but you'll be in good company with the rest of the Fellowship. Smiley

I'll follow things up with you on Monday. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

@Gandalf oh man, and there I was getting excited! Is there any chance of getting whatever needs fixing expedited too? I'm looking at red lights all over the router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gnarlybravo

Yeah it's really disappointing as I'd basically pulled out all the stops to fast track the order through.

Unfortunately as the engineer task now is classed as a fault report we can't speed it up without going down the path of an emergency welfare case. For that it'd need someone who relies on the service for medical reasons (serious health conditions, lifeline pendant etc). Feel free to drop me a PM if anybody in your household does though. 

It's possible that the job may be picked before Friday, depending on what engineer availability is like.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

@Gandalf thanks and I do appreciate all the stop-pulling you've done (and the Tolkien quotes of course). There are no issues like that in our household so I guess we're just waiting with fingers crossed. Should I just keep the router switched on or do I need to switch it off?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem @gnarlybravo it's a pleasure to help you!

Obviously we failed and needed to try harder with the Tolkien quotes Sad "A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day!"

I'd leave your router on and at some point hopefully soon it should light up blue when the issue's fixed. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gnarlybravo
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf, enjoy your break and I hope to bring you glad tidings on your return.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers @gnarlybravo

Fingers crossed!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet