cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to plusnet

Popado

New to plusnet

Got a text saying order delayed for details and to ask about recent order anyone know what’s this about
3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: New to plusnet

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order.

I can see we've messaged you back via Twitter yesterday advising we've manually resubmitted your order to our suppliers.

I've just checked that and we've received the following message "PSTN is not currently available in the exchange area specified" which means that our suppliers aren't taking any orders to provide a physical phone line, because Openreach are providing full fibre (FTTP, fibre to the premises) in your area instead.

We don't yet offer this as a product, but we have plans to. In the meantime, I'd recommend calling our cancellations team on 0800 013 2623 to cancel for a refund. They can also look at signing you up to FTTP with BT or EE if you're interested. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Gandalf wrote:

I've just checked that and we've received the following message "PSTN is not currently available in the exchange area specified" which means that our suppliers aren't taking any orders to provide a physical phone line, because Openreach are providing full fibre (FTTP, fibre to the premises) in your area instead.Smiley

Ouch!!  That is darned draconian especially given that FTTP will not survive a power cut.

Looking that up, I discovered BTOR has a name for this "Stop Sells" - see Stop sells updates (openreach.co.uk)

There is 181 exchanges already on Stop Sell with another 273 listed to be stopped sell by 1st Nov '22

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.