cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house move, delay and miscommunication

buchanclaudia

New house move, delay and miscommunication

Hello, I've recently moved house. I asked for my internet to be installed since around October 4th and I'm still waiting for a professional from plusnet to get back to me and for a technician/engineer to install my internet. I can't believe they say my next bill is due on November 11th when the internet hasn't even been installed. Trying to communicate on the phone took me 30 minutes with no answer at all. So far a very bad and frustrating experience! 

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New house move, delay and miscommunication

@buchanclaudia 

Can't answer your install date query but your Billing period only starts when the service goes live. You've paid the first month upfront so the next bill will be one month after your internet starts working.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

You've paid the first month upfront so the next bill will be one month after your internet starts working.

whilst that's mostly true, the next bill, is actually one month after the first service ( phone or broadband ) is activated.

It's sometimes the case that the phoneline is installed/activated first which  thus starts the billing cycle. On the billing date, a pro rata credit for the broadband is made for any period for which broadband wasn't available

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @buchanclaudia,

I'm sorry for the confusion here. I can see we reactivated a stopped phone line at your property on the 11th October, and on the 12th October, we confirmed your broadband is due to go live on the 24th October by midnight.

Let me know if there's anything else you need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet