Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router Arrival Date

FIXED
safi1978
Hooked

New Router Arrival Date

I've recently upgraded my broadband plan (set to change on the 6th) and with it I have also ordered a new router. There hasn't been an email confirming the order for the router (though I've been charged) and there isn't a specified date on my Member Dashboard. I don't believe anything fraudulent is happening, I was just wondering when I might get the new router, or if this is common occurrence.

All help is appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: New Router Arrival Date

Sadly it is a common occurrence that BT Openreach need to defer installation dates due to resource availability issues. You’ll need a staff member to advise on the current state of your order.

Unfortunately delays from BT do not always get flagged to Kuznetsk … the order needs to progress to a given point to cause the router to be dispatched.

In respect of your initial payment that is for the first month from the date the service goes live.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @safi1978, thanks for getting in touch.

It's a good job you did in fact as for some reason., a Plusnet Hub Two was not added to the account. I've now manually added it and have ordered it to be sent out, arriving within 3-5 working days.

Your upgrade order has been pushed back to 12/01/2022 due to engineer availability, which in this case works in our favour, as the current router you have will not have worked with fTTC broadband.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
safi1978
Hooked

Thanks for picking this up and apologies for the late reply. I actually received an email confirming its arrival and I've set up the router already, but I'm a little concerned about the speeds I've received. I was meant to upgrade to the Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband, but on my account, it still says I'm on Unlimited (Contracted).

Is there any way you can look into this?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@safi1978  Your upgrade is not happening until 12/01/22 so your speed will not have changed but if as you say in your other post you are only getting 14.3Mbps download sync speed then changing to fibre extra will have no effect. Is that your normal speed or is a lot lower than expected? You must have a full sync speed of 40Mbps on unlimited fibre to get any benefit from  changing to fibre extra.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

it still says I'm on Unlimited (Contracted).

That tends to indicate that the OP is currently on normal ADSL which would explain the 14.3Mb speed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MisterW  Yes you are right, the OP is on ADSL, for some reason I had assumed that it was an Unlimited FTTC to Extra FTTC upgrade. Shouldn't post late at night.🙄

@safi1978  Ignore my message #5, you will get a speed increase when the FTTC upgrade happens

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"It's a good job you did in fact as for some reason., a Plusnet Hub Two was not added to the account. I've now manually added it and have ordered it to be sent out, arriving within 3-5 working days."

Therefore it's PN's error re the router, not OR's, in spite of the delayed start date.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @safi1978

Just to confirm the above posts, your fibre upgrade's due to happen on the 12th January.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
charlierogers98

Hi, I ordered broadband and my phone line was activated on Tuesday 18 Jan, however I'm concerned as I've had no message so to say router is on the way, or when it will be activated. There is no date showing. Could someone look into this for me please? It's a new order not a switchover. Thank you
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @charlierogers98,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not heard when the router will arrive just yet. I've had a look into this and I can see that the broadband orders are currently estimated to complete some time before midnight on Wednesday, the 2nd of February. The router's been ordered for delivery this morning and it will arrive within the next 3-5 working days, so it should be with you before the service goes live Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
charlierogers98

Thank you for looking into it. That's great. 👍
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

No worries @charlierogers98 Smiley Just let us know if there are any issues or if you have any further questions and we'll be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team