Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order - Update?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: New Order - Update?

Unfortunately we can't take confirmation of a cancellation via the community forums.

If you can send us a quick reply to your ticket that you're happy for your account and order to be cancelled refunding your initial fee I'll get it done for you.

Thank you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hardabit
Dabbler

As per my previous response

"Unfortunately we can't take confirmation of a cancellation request via the Community."

Well that isn't a problem as I haven't cancelled via the community I cancelled on June 24 as per your instructions I'm using the community to draw your attention to that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think we're going round in circles here and I'm trying to resolve this for you as quickly and easy as possible.

You advised us that you would like to cancel and requested us to cover the fees incurred by your new provider.

I explained we can't cover the fees and asked you twice on separate days if you would still like to cancel as I figured you may not want to go ahead if we didn't cover the fees.

We did not hear back from you via your account.

I'm sorry that you feel your experience with us has been poor.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hardabit
Dabbler

"I think we're going round in circles here"

You do seem to be avoiding the point rather that is correct. My argument is however rather linear.

I cancelled my order as you requested. You have failed to act upon it.

I don't give a flying one about questions you raised with me after my cancellation. Once I cancelled my order I had no obligation to even consider reading your missives.

I care rather a lot that you have made an attempt to switch from my supplier (Zen) to yourselves without my consent so went to Ofcom SLAMMING COMPLAINT FORM and complained officially regarding the conduct of Plusnet. The OFCOM reference is 00569379 I hope they'll be in touch with you shortly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can see the orders are cancelled with our suppliers so your line isn't going to be slammed.

As per our cancellation policy/terms and conditions which you agreed to when you setup your account, cancellation can only be made over the phone or in writing via post.

However on this occasion to make things easier for you I was happy to take the cancellation via the ticket on your account and I've even tried to call you too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hardabit
Dabbler

"I can see the orders are cancelled with our suppliers so your line isn't going to be slammed."

The cancellation of the orders was nothing to do with any actions from Plusnet. Cancelled at my request by Zen. Quite simple to do as they have sufficient high quality customer service staff to actually pick the phone up and deal with customers. You get what you pay for I guess.

"As per our cancellation policy/terms and conditions which you agreed to when you setup your account, cancellation can only be made over the phone or in writing via post.

However on this occasion to make things easier for you I was happy to take the cancellation via the ticket on your account and I've even tried to call you too"

As cancelling via the ticket was at your suggestion I should hope you were happy to take it in that manner. Not apparently happy enough to actually accept the cancellation though. Unless you are now asserting that this was not accepted because my cancellation was in breach of your terms and conditions? That's kind of radical even for Plusnet. Suggest to customers that they act in a way contrary to the terms and conditions and then use that as cover for your own failures. Bravo for your Chutzpa.

Can I take it from this you now want me to cancel in writing in addition to my previous cancellation? I'm happy to do so but would expect some kind of apology from CS management / supervisor as the original error was made at the instigation of their staff. I would suggest some training / retraining might be appropriate as well.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've discussed this with one of my colleagues in our complaints team and I've updated you Here.

Please click on the link logging into the member centre to view and reply to it.

I'm sorry if there's been confusion with regards to the cancellation. I want to get this resolved for you.

[edit]

In addition, I'm not suggesting you need to cancel in writing by post, but we'd need you to confirm the cancellation either via your account or after passing data protection i.e. over the phone/live chat.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet