cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order Router Synced But Won't login

thomasnorfolk
Hooked

New Order Router Synced But Won't login

Anyone know how to get someone at plusnet to enable a new FTTC connection outside of the normal automatic process. My order is due to go live tomorrow but my router has had an ADSL sync since Friday afternoon so clearly OpenReach have done their bit already and I am now just waiting for Plusnet to enable me at their end.
Would be fantastic to get online ASAP as I am back at work working from home tomorrow first thing and really need Internet.

Any help much appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: New Order Router Synced But Won't login

If you are having FTTC, I don't quite see how OR can have done their bit, even if you have ADSL sync - which is confusing in itself. Are you moving from ADSL to FTTC with PN, or from another provider?

If you are not supposed to go live until tomorrow, the chances are BT/OR will not have made the connection in the fibre cab yet.

John
thomasnorfolk
Hooked

OpenReach definately have done their bit. I guess in this case we should call it VDSL sync really. Prior to Friday my modem was receiving no signal at all and on Friday at the end of the day the sync light lit up. This tells me OpenReach must have made the connection in the cab.
jab1
Legend

OK, so what is your Hub reporting? A screenshot would be very useful.

John
thomasnorfolk
Hooked

I'm not using the plusnet hub. I have a BT VDSL modem plugged in which is showing it us receiving the VDSL signal and is in sync but when my router tries to login with PPPoE I am getting a failed login.
I do have the pluset hub and tried that earlier and it just flashes orange broadband light.
jab1
Legend

That sounds like BT have not advised Plusnet the job is complete, so they won't have activated you on their system. I doubt you will get anything done tonight - the Help Team will have finished for the day. Which router are you using?

John
thomasnorfolk
Hooked

That was my thinking which is why I was hoping someone might know how to push it along a bit. I spoke to support on Friday night but the person I spoke to didn't really seem to know what I was talking about and just said it was due on Monday.

I am using one of the white BT OpenReach dsl modems made by ECI telecom and a Ubiquiti UDM Pro for the router.
jab1
Legend

Sadly, first line support don't always know the finer points, but as I said, until Plusnet are advised the connection is complete, they will not activate you on the system, which means you should be fully active any time up to midnight Monday. Hopefully, one of the Help Team will pick this up Monday morning now you have asked.

Sorry, but that combination of modem/router is not something I am familiar with, so can't give you much more advice.

John
thomasnorfolk
Hooked

Yeah I work in IT myself and know how support desks work so I understand why first line didn't really understand the request. I just know that if I could speak to the right person I could have got it sorted out on Friday and not had another full weekend cut off from the world :).
Thanks for your help John anyway its much appreciated. I will see what the morning brings and hopefully will get online otherwise I might have to work from the local coffee shop car park for the day.
jab1
Legend

Too late now, but if you had posted earlier, they might have been able to get you up and running earlier, but it's always easy to be wise after the event.😀

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @thomasnorfolk, thanks for getting in touch and a warm welcome to Plusnet! I am sorry for the delay in picking up your message.

It looks like your account beat me to it and has already activated things earlier this morning and can see you have an active connection.

If you have any further queries at all, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
thomasnorfolk
Hooked

Yes my account did indeed go live first thing this morning, it was active before I even go up so all good. Thanks for the assistance everyone.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Glad to hear it's sorted. Just get back to us should you have any further queries and hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team