cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Full Fiber Connection

Chrha

New Full Fiber Connection

Hi

Had new fttp connection installed today.
Straight away got 90mb, paying for 300mb. Had an email confirming connection is all sorted and should get between 300 and 330mb.

Just done a check and am getting 25mb.
Any thoughts / does it take a while to get up to full speed. Generally read it should be good from the off.

Any suggestions welcome. Running a deco system throughout the house, checked multiple points in the chain / direct from router, etc so fairly sure it’s connection rather than wifi loss etc.

Chris
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
dazgee1965
Grafter

Re: New Full Fiber Connection

Are you testing on a ethernet connection rather than WiFi?
Chrha

Yep, on Ethernet.

Late last night I restarted both the router and ont and now am getting 200ishmb on my phone, so I’ll try again later on a wired connection. 🙂
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Chrha,

I'm sorry to hear that the speed was running a little slow earlier on in the week. When the connection's first installed it can take a few days for the line to properly stabilize, so please continue to monitor how the performance goes over the next few days and let us know if you run into any problems Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@TheMightyAJ   I don't think so. An FTTP connection should operate at the expected speeds as soon as it is activated, there is no training or stabilisation period. Have you got any information to suggest otherwise?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

@RealAleMadrid you are absolutely correct - very sorry about that! Just to clarify, there is no stabilization period for new FTTP installations, I had been mistaken when writing the above post. @Chrha as this is the case, I'd ask that you please let us know if you do encounter any further issues as soon as possible. Looking over the connection today, the line seems stable and the performance seems to be working as expected on our end, but we'd be happy to investigate further if that's not the case on your end.

Once again, very sorry for any confusion my previous post may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team