Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New Contract Does Not Add Up

Sleepboot
Grafter
Fixes: 2

My New Contract Does Not Add Up

Yesterday I purchased a new 2 year Fibre/Telephone/Anytime contract which starts when my existing contract ends 28th April 2022.

I have read the contract (Support Team Question 223330854) & I would appreciate a clarification to avoid any future problems.

The section "A breakdown of your monthly bill as follows:" contains separate amounts for "Unlimited Fibre Broadband" (£19.99), "Line Rental" (£19.99) and “Anytime (£0.00) which all totals £39.98.

At the bottom of the contract it lists discounts of Unlimited Fibre (£18.56) and Line Rental (£3.20). These discounts total £21.76.

Charges £39.98 minus Discounts £21.76 = £18.22 which is not the £19.99 that is shown as the “Total” and which is the amount that I believed that I would pay.

Please confirm the total amount that I will need to pay each month under this contract.

As an aside wouldn’t it be possible to make this calculation obvious on the contract?

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: My New Contract Does Not Add Up

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter and duplicates removed. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: My Contract Doesn't Add Up!

Hello @Sleepboot, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry about that, yeah something's clearly gone a little pear shaped here. Not to worry, I've just passed a ticket across to our Customer Options Team to apply the correct discounts onto the account to ensure that you're paying £19.99 per month once your new contract starts on 28/04/2022. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Sleepboot
Grafter

Is there no one who can answer this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, my colleague and namesake Adam picked this up yesterday, it looks like your post was duplicated so I assume he replied to one that's since been removed. 

I'm really sorry for the obvious confusion caused here and the problem is with the discounts rather than the total ammount so I can see Adam has added an update to a ticket on your account to make sure that gets put right, here's a direct link to it for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223330912

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Reply merged in from duplicate post.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sleepboot
Grafter

Thanks for all that.

My original post was lost (but apparantly wasn't) and when I tried to repost it I got listed as spam.

Seems to have sorted itself out.

Thanks again.

Will I get a revised contract?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, the contract shouldn't change as the issue was with the discounts which are offered as part of a deal but we'll update the ticket for you once they've been corrected after the next bill has cleared. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team