Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Activation Day

FIXED
Fazer
Grafter
Fixes: 2

My Activation Day

As title and my phone service has gone live. How long after that does it take for broadband to be activated? Online help and the instructions with the new router say to wait for email and/or text before connecting it, but is it possible that my broadband may be active and the notification has not been generated yet?

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

Re: My Activation Day

It is possible, it is also possible that BT Openreach have not confirmed that the service installation has been completed.

Plug in the router and see what happens...

Check you router lights

Your router lights can tell you a great deal about what is happening when things are not as they should be. The colour of the lights and their state will tell you all you need to know ... if only you could find the help sheet which came with the router. That information can also be found in the depths of the on-line help & support guides. The following links make the material easier to find.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fazer
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I’ve connected the router and switched it on. I’m seeing the constant orange light which apparently means that the broadband connection is detected but it has not connected to the internet. I followed the Troubleshooting option but that eventually brought up a message to tell me to call the 0800 Helpline for broadband problems. I’m now in the queue!

Fazer
Grafter

Fix

The router light changed from orange to blue while I’ve been waiting to speak to the Helpline so my broadband is all working now!