cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Virgin back to Plusnet

FIXED
Sambot

Moving from Virgin back to Plusnet

I've been with Virgin for the last two years having previously been with both BT and PlusNet.

I've now given Virgin notice to disconnect as I'm nearing the end of my contract, but on going through the online process to order PlusNet broadband I see that it tells me that as an existing Virgin customer an engineers visit is required to my home at a cost of £49.99 and the date for this is likely to be beyond June.

Firstly; I'm wondering if this is necessary as I thought that I would be connected remotely as has happened in the past, or, does the connection to my property need updating for some reason?

Secondly; If, it turns out that upon the visit of an engineer he deems no updating, or further connection work, is necessary would I be re-imbursed the £49.99?

I'm becoming confused and concerned that I may be without an internet connection for the foreseeable future and don't know whether to proceed with the order or not

3 REPLIES 3
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Moving from Virgin back to Plusnet

Hi and welcome, the engineer visit is required because in some cases the lines are physically moved from BT master socket and hardware to Virgins when your Virgin hardware was installed, It will require the engineer to check that everything is still connected to the BT sockets and if not move them back again and the BT line re-enabled, it's not as simple as going from one BT owned provider to another they are two completely different networks hence the fee.

Also due to the current situation Openreach are not going inside Homes to do work hence the delay to beyond June which might still be a place holder depending on when Openreach start going back into homes.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Fix

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sambot

Thanks.