cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likelihood that Plusnet will cut me off before switching provider…

tomunderhill

Likelihood that Plusnet will cut me off before switching provider…

Hi all,

Any views appreciated as I’m quite worried. I’ve arranged move to a new broadband provider as of tomorrow (likely Midnight tonight I suppose). It was all confirmed but I just spotted an email sent this afternoon from my new provider saying they haven’t received my order & I need to contact Plusnet or they’ll cut off my broadband tomorrow (13th Jan).

I’m a bit stressed out as it was confirmed to switch over by both companies. I’m reliant on broadband for my job & can’t speak to Plusnet. Has anyone had a similar experience & know if Plusnet can ensure I’m not cut off as planned if the new company mess me about much longer?

Many thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Likelihood that Plusnet will cut me off before switching provider…

Are you going to a new company that also uses Openreach infrastructure ? If so the migration is gaining provider lead - i.e the new company will arrange the transfer with PlusNet with no downtime.

You only need to sign up with a new provider and ring PlusNet if you are moving to Virgin Media or an Alt net provider.

The mistake a lot of people do is cancel with PlusNet that puts a cease order on the line, which then prevents the new supplier taking over. If you have done this then you will loose the line for a couple of weeks probably.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If you have cancelled with PN, and ordered with a new provider, then yes you are likley to be cut off as Openreach can only have one order on a line at one time.

However if you have just ordered with a new supplier, then they should be using a process called Gaining Supplier led and should take care of it all..

In any event, there won't be many staff on line at this time to provide help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @tomunderhill

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to see that you've now lost service.

Your new providers placed their orders to take over the line on 27/12/2020, however they cancelled, not by us. You'll need to contact them to establish why this happened.

It remains unclear though, as to why our automated system placed a cease order on the line for the 13th, AFTER the the new provider's orders cancelled.

Going forward, and to get back online as soon as possible, I'd ask your new providers to place their orders again as soon as possible.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds