Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Hub Two

trebor8083
Hooked

Latest Hub Two

Hi,

Can existing customers obtain the new Hub Two and the latest offer prices in contract? Plusnet state that they treat existing customers the same as new customers, so is this true for modem releases and prices?

7 REPLIES 7
stevewx
Grafter

Re: Latest Hub Two

Yes and no 🙂

I was told I could get once if I renewed my contract, but you can only do this in the last 3 months of your existing contract.  So that did not apply to me today, but would have in 5 or 6 months time.

Tech suppoirt could send out another HomeHub1.  (BTHH5A).  No thanks.

Bit a of a fun chat to a few people and it is possible, as I've got one in the post for the cost of P&P.
You need a good reason, not just you want one, or go to Ebay and get the BT version.

Steve

trebor8083
Hooked

Thanks Steve. Not surprised at that really. I have 10 months left on my 18 month contract. The first gen modem is not very good as you no doubt know. I did consider the eBay route, but since technical tweaked something the connection has been stable. Regards, Robert
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @trebor8083 and welcome to our Community Forums.

To confirm, we're only at the moment sending a Hub Two to those who upgrade to fibre, sign up on fibre as a new customer, or recontract while remaining on a fibre product through discussing with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

It's unfortunate though the Hub Two has come at a time when you're around halfway through your contract. Early next year I believe we'll be looking at making it available for people to buy outright from us.

Are you having any issues with your existing router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
trebor8083
Hooked

Thanks for your post. I have had issues with dropping and varying speeds and was told to keep an eye on it. Obviously I can only do that when at home. As I mentioned in a previous reply, after a tweak by technical it seems to be stable when I’m at home. Regards, Robert
dr1960

Hi renewed my contract and asked for a Hub Two which was delivered last week. Installed yesterday and so far so good but I am missing the 4th Lan port, I do hope that they bring out a service that will utilise the WAN port asap.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me Robert,

No problem, I'm glad to see things seems stable now.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'