cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up...

skibbydib

Just signed up...

I signed up yesterday to switch to Plusnet (from EE). During the sign up process I was asked for the date when I wanted to make the switch and I entered 28/04/2022.

Today I received my first text message from Plusnet saying my broadband service is "due to become active by midnight on 19/04/2022". I definitely want it switched on the date I specified, not the 19th.

Not sure whether to pursue this with Plusnet support or just assume that "the process" will eventually adjust the order to my specified date?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Just signed up...

@skibbydib  Welcome to the forum.

Do not assume that this will correct itself. Whilst Plusnet can request a date, the actual date is dependent on Openreach technician availability. If you want a later date then wait a bit to see if a Plusnet staffer comes along and helps or ring in.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

skibbydib

Thanks for the quick response. I will try contacting Plusnet support later this week.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @skibbydib, a warm Welcome to Plusnet and welcome to our forums Smiley

I'm sorry that the takeover date is set for sooner than you requested and for the problems caused. Let me help get this sorted for you! 

If you can please add a reply on the ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223360311 with your confirmation of the date you wish for us to amend it to (as we need your authorisation on the account to amend the order), I can pick that up for you. Just give me a nudge on here once you've added your reply.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team