cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet no turned on.

dualtannah
Dabbler

Internet no turned on.

Internet was meant to turn on yesterday. It didn't.
Been on hold for a total of three hours fourty five minutes since yesterday. Have had to hang up after an hour for one reason or another with kids.

Do they usually not turn the Internet on when they say?
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Internet no turned on.

@dualtannah Was the activation a confirmed date, or 'we hope to have you connected by...'? Is your phone working?

John
dualtannah
Dabbler

Hello thanks for the reply. Mad that just some random person is trying to help me before the fricking company that is supposed to.
It Said it would be active by 12 on the day. More annoying that I just can't get through to them atall. Over an hour on hold at three different times of day. I have kids and a life. Do they expect you to just sit on hold all day?
Tags (1)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

You will find that fellow Community members will try to help before Plusnet staff pick up -there are more of us. Is your Hub plugged in, switched on and active?

John
mel-123
Hooked

Mine was due to be active on the 13th, it still isn't.

Dont forget you're entitled to £5.25 for each delayed day https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/?_ga=2.61199084.153426459.1666107915-15244135...

dualtannah
Dabbler

Just received a text saying my order has been delayed. Gave me the customer service number that's impossible to get through to to find out why or how long.

Tha ks for your help.

Absolute joke.
dualtannah
Dabbler

Thanks. I'd just like my Internet to work. My partner works from home. We need WiFi.
dualtannah
Dabbler

Thanks. I'd just like my Internet to work. My partner works from home. We need WiFi.
Tags (1)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@dualtannah 

Your connection has to be initially 'turned on' by Openreach. Their staff were on strike yesterday and this will probably have been the cause of this delay. The 12 o'clock mentioned in texts by the way is midnight.

Customer Services are not there 24/7. From memory it's 8am 'till 8pm.

Plusnet staff do not continually patrol this forum but will no doubt one will come along soon to advise further.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dualtannah
Dabbler

Thanks. Obviously I'm aware they don't work 24/7. I haven't been able to get through to customer service atall to speak to anybody. 4 hours and 56 minutes accumulated hold time.
dualtannah
Dabbler

4 calls over an hour on hold
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@dualtannah No consolation, but you are one of many seeking assistance from Plusnet staff at the moment, here's the possible reason:

No matter who supplies your internet, BT or anyone else, they can only supply your service over the Openreach network. And Openreach are a law onto themselves, owning everything from your master socket.

Openreach engineers are on a series of strikes for more money so there is already an installation/repair backlog. They were striking yesterday and their union says they will be out on Monday as well.

@jab1 has asked you a question so that he and other forum members can try to help right now, that's what this forum is for. You might be better helping him with a reply than railing about phone delays. 

dualtannah
Dabbler

This is all fine. Why is it so hard to speak to someone? They obviously knew strike action was taking place. They have to give notice for that stuff. Why book people in knowing you can't provide service?
dualtannah
Dabbler

My Internet is on now. Spam enough bad reviews and kick up enough of a fuss and someone will ring you up. And voila Internet on.

Thanks everyone for your replies community here is very helpful. The fact plusnet relies upon unpaid volunteers to do the work of paid employees is an absolute joke. I still never got through on the customer service line BTW. What is the point of that number?
dualtannah
Dabbler

If the question your referring to, is my router plugged in? I'm not sure that requires an answer.