cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to process an order? and why does plusnet not have any contact details?

BSM1

How long to process an order? and why does plusnet not have any contact details?

I placed an order on 24th OCT for fibre broadband, when I ordered I was told my order would be up and running by the 9th NOV. I have had ZERO communication from plusnet about this and it is still not up and running, not had the router in the post either.

It seems there is no way to contact plusnet either? No one answers the phone, the online chat is permanently disabled, there is no email address and I don't use twitter so can't ask on there. How on earth are you meant to contact them? (please don't say phone them up as they do not answer the phone, I have left the phone on hold for hours and hours but no one answers).

If my order is not due to go live this week then I would like to cancel and I will have to place an order with a company that actually has a way of contacting them!

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Re: How long to process an order? and why does plusnet not have any contact details?

Thanks for your post @BSM1 

I'm sorry for the delay with your order and any long wait time you've had when calling us. I've looked into your order and I can see the existing provider that supplies the line in your property cancelled our order to takeover the line. 

We can try again however a transfer order takes a minimum of 10 working days that begins from when the order's confirmed in the Openreach systems, this is generally something that no provider can speed up.

If you'd like to cancel your order for a full refund I'd advise calling our customer options team direct on 0800 013 2632 alternatively let me know and I'll be happy to replace the order for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BSM1

Re: How long to process an order? and why does plusnet not have any contact details?

Thanks for the reply.

Why did plusnet not bother to get in touch to let me know that?

Please go ahead and cancel the order. I am not able to phone the number and be on hold for hours, nor do I see why I should have to as I placed the order online so should be able to deal with it all online, also if plusnet do not bother to contact their customers to let them know when they have cancelled an installation then why should I have to take hours out of my day to contact plusnet customer services (if they even exist)?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @BSM1 

I apologise we've not been proactive on this occasion. I'm afraid we can't cancel an order from over our community forums. As per our cancellations policy you'll either need to call our cancellations/customer options* team direct on 0800 013 2632 or post a letter to us: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

*They're closed now but they're back open 8am to 8pm during the week, Saturday's 9am to 7pm and Sunday's 9am to 6pm

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BSM1

ok thanks, I'll send a letter.

Does plusnet have a complaints procedure where I can leave a review at what a terrible experience this has been?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @BSM1 

Our complaints process can be found Here at the bottom of every plus.net webpage. Using the phone number I've provided for our customer options team there shouldn't be much of a wait. Apologies for the hassle.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet