cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for the light to go Blue & be connected?

deannadards

How long does it take for the light to go Blue & be connected?

I initially signed up with Plusnet on the 4th of November. it took till the 28th of November them to identify there may have been a fault to my line & sent someone from Open reach. They advised that plusnet were trying to disconnect my FTTP & put us back on the older system FTTC. I advised that is not what I ordered. So they (Open reach) said they would leave it as it was. 

I rang plusnet (28.11.22) & they said it was too late to cancel as we were out of the cooling off period. They bullied me into staying with them & upgrading to another package. in between that I have made 4+ hours of separate phone calls, being cut off, being on hold! It is now the 20th of December & we still have no broadband. They have assured us it will be connected yesterday. I just want to leave................. Worst service ever!
21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: How long does it take for the light to go Blue & be connected?

@deannadards What service were you on with your previous provider? What service did you sign up to Plusnet for? Can you post a screenshot of the result from BT Broadband - hiding your phone number, please.

John
deannadards

I was with Talk Talk, open reach said we had FFTP and actually reconnected for us as he couldn't connect plus net as the order was for FFTC. Since then we have upgraded. This was the the 5th of December. The lady I spoke to said it would take 3 days to be up & running. 4 phone calls(% hours) & members of staff later I was told it would take 10 days from when the request was made which would take us up to yesterday. 
Today I get this below. I am not going to have internet for Christmas which means I will not be able to speak to family. I am recently bereaved so this is awful for me. Christmas is so difficult & now I am on my own & potentially will not be able to see my family. I just want to cry. 
Dear Mrs D

We are now placing the orders associated to the account so that we can get you up and running as soon as possible. The specifics of your order are detailed below.

• Is address and contact number correct in workplace: Yes

• Type of Order: Regrade

• Type of Install: Activation Only

• Is there an ONT at the premises: Yes

• Access Line ID or phone number (if required):

• Required Speed: 145

• Customer required by date: ASAP

• Requested Appointment Slot: N/A

• Hazard Notes (200-character limit):

Automation Ref: PROV0

We will provide updates as soon as we receive them from our suppliers.

If you have any questions, please do not update this ticket, but instead contact our support team directly.

Kind regards,

Paul Beale
jab1
Legend

It looks as though something has gone really wrong here, but I am not Plusnet staff, so can only go on what you post her, which is why I asked you to provide the screenshot - that is the only sure way of other Community members to suggest a course of action. Hopefully, one of the PN Help Team (staff) will pick this up soon and try and sort you ot.

Sorry for your loss.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@jab1 

A thought, if the OP was FTTP then they would not have a landline phone connection. Also the BT wholesale checker does not work with non BT Phone Lines (TalkTalk) you get this message.

"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line"

You need to use the Address Checker to see what's available.

HTH

jab1
Legend

Cheers @Dan_the_Van - not aware of this lack of information availability, but I still think the OP needs experienced PN help - the call centre is obviously not up to it.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Agree with the need of a long wait here for plus net support to come alone and comment.

Depending the level of disappointment maybe a complaint is in order https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I believe TT provide phone via VOIP, which is likely to have caused the initial confusion and why PN tried to provide an FTTC service..

This is going to take a bit of sorting out, but there should be no reason to take 10 days, there is a process to move FTTP customers much quicker - the VOIP element a bit longer.

I know he is not on the front line any more, but perhaps @Gandalf  or @bobpullen  can help.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

@deannadards, sorry for your loss firstly. Having a quick look into this for you, I can see both FTTC and FTTP are available, with FTTC being the requested service when the account was signed up online.

Do you have a telephone socket that looks a bit like the picture below?

If so then I'd say that'd be the quickest way to get you online while we're activating your FTTP service. Line tests are though showing a fault at the cabinet (the green box in the road) so I've reported this to Openreach for an engineer to investigate further so your FTTC service may not work until that's fixed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Gandalf  The OP has an existing ONT having been on FTTP with TalkTalk and the order details in Msg#3 are for an FTTP service which has not yet been placed. I would have thought activating the FTTP would be the best solution, the original FTTC order looks to be an error but should have been corrected on the 28/11 when the OP was told that the order couldn't be cancelled and was persuaded to upgrade, (I have seen other threads where this seems to happen). So what was ordered then? And why has it not been completed. There seems to be a systemic problem with Plusnet placing orders to take over an existing FTTP service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not sure there's a systemic problem as we've placed an order to provide a service which was requested upon signup. The FTTC order completed on the 27th November so it would've been too late to cancel by the 28th. Supplier records at the broadband availability checker aren't showing an existing ONT, so while we're working to activate the FTTP service either through engineering work or a remote activation, it's probably best utilising the existing service if possible

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
deannadards

I have spoken to various plusnet staff & have been told there's a fault a couple of times & then the next person states there isn't. I just feel persistently lied too.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry if there's been confusion but there's definitely a fault with the FTTC service we've provided. I believe an engineer visited on the 5th of December with a view to fix it but you preferred to wait for FTTP. If you have a telephone socket, I still believe pursuing the fault is the quickest way to be online potentially before Christmas too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
deannadards

I do not have  an existing service. I have just had someone advise me l am now going live on the 5th but to allow 10 days  so that is a potential 26 days I may have to wait. So now I am crying & plusnet DO NOT CARE.