cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before I'm connected to broadband

willsop159

How long before I'm connected to broadband

I am a new customer and received messages today that I was now live with both phone and broadband, I have no ringtone for my phone so can't make or receive calls and my broadband hasn't connected either, I have orange light with red flashing b on hub, can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: How long before I'm connected to broadband

Hey @willsop159

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your broadband service. I've tested the line this morning and though the circuit is out of sync, tests are showing no fault with the Openreach network, which indicates an internal issue within the property.
Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve the issue sooner. When testing, please remove the faceplate from your Master Socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets too if possible.
Troubleshooting Guide - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/
See how you get on for a day or two while connected through the test socket, and if things don't improve, please let us know and we'll get this raised with Openreach, and arrange an engineer visit.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@adam945 Not trying to teach granny how to suck eggs, but the OP reports they have no dial tone on the phone - does this suggest that they may be on a crossed line, or the connection has been done incorrectly in the cab?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for your post @jab1

You're right, it could mean anything to be honest, though when running a line test, we've been informed of no fault on the BTW network, so the first action is to make sure that the setup on the OP's side is correct. If we establish that it is, we can then raise it to Openreach. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
willsop159

We plugged phone directly into phone-in and still no dial tone and no broadband, this was switched over yesterday and was working OK with sky that morning, can someone ring to get this sorted please, oh no wait u can't!!what happens next, not great start for a new customer
willsop159

Hi Adam 

We were switched over yesterday and now we are getting nothing, worked ok with sky earlier in the day. Can someone ring my mobile to sort this, paying for nothing! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @willsop159

I'm really sorry to see your service doesn't work after switching to us.

If you've carried out the troubleshooting steps explained Here in particular, I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment to investigate further, so could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
willsop159

But surely its your end, if it worked with sky yesterday until it switched to you, really not happy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your time on the phone @willsop159

I'm really sorry again your home phone & broadband doesn't work after moving to us.

As discussed, I've arranged an engineer visit and updated the ticket 221470917 with the appointment details. 

I'll call you back to follow things up after the visit, but if there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime, feel free to get back to me. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet