cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go live day

Grante
Dabbler

Go live day

Today was my go live day, at 9am I lost my Sky phone and Broadband and it is now 17.36 and I haven't had a text or anything from Plusnet, I did call them at lunch and they did tell me it could be up to midnight before everything goes live. Is the normal Huh When I last switch providers it took minutes not hours Huh
21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Go live day

@Grante Yes it is normal. If you are not up and running in the morning, shout up.

John
Grante
Dabbler

Well, I'm still without both phone and Broadband after several promises that my line will be live.
Each time a different excuse. Getting fed up because I need broadband to be able to work from home .
jab1
Legend

@Grante That is a little vague - any chance of more detail?

John
Grante
Dabbler

@jab1
Monday, Sky turned off my services at 8 30, I called plusnet at 11.30 and was told services would be on by midnight.
Tues no service still, called and was told that Sky has still got my number and was adviced that I need to call them to get them to release it, but PN may have to put an order in so I may be without service for 10days !!
After a discussion I got an email saying it would be on today. In the meantime I did call Sky and they had released my number on Monday.
Wed still no service, called again and was told it is down to openreach not doing something or completing something. But had an email later saying it would be on by 5pm. Called at 6ish to be told that openreach had not completed something and my service could be off until the 25th. Told then that this wasn't accepted as I need broadband to work from home.
Thur, checked this morning and still no service.

Wish I had stayed with Sky as I a losing the will..
jab1
Legend

OK. Moving from SKY is always fraught with difficulty - they don't seem to like losing customers, but you need one of the Help Team to pick this up - hopefully today.  First line support occasionally leaves something to be desired.

John
Grante
Dabbler

I have been speaking to the support team all week, this is the department that keep telling me it is going live. Then coming up with another excuse.
I know most provides lease the lines of bt openreach but, my first impression with PN is poor.
jab1
Legend

The phone support people - with the greatest respect - are not always as good as they could be. I have had reason to know that - actually had to tell them how things work but hopefully if one of the forum Help Team pick this up things will move on.

Don't quite understand your 'lease lines' comment, but it is irrelevant in this situation anyway.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Grante,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a poor first impression with our services. I'd like to help out however I'm afraid I've not been able to locate your account - please could you send me a Private Message with your account username attached?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Grante
Dabbler

Woke up again this morning with no phone and Internet after promises that it would be online.
Getting to the point that I don't believe aword PN tell me.
Needless to say I have a unhappy house again, kids can't use their pc's we can't use netflix or prime and my mobile phone data has too a big hit because I work from home. I'm really hacked off with them. @TheMightyAJ
jab1
Legend

Have you replied to @TheMightyAJ 's post above?

John
Grante
Dabbler

Yes I did reply a couple of days ago and to be fair he did give someone a nudge to sort things
jab1
Legend

OK.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Grante

I'm really sorry to hear that your services are still not active. I've not taken any action on the account as it's currently with our Customer Advocates Team, though it does look like the order is stuck. I've popped an internal note on the account to make your case handler aware that you're communicating via the Forum as well, they should be in touch shortly.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Grante
Dabbler

Day 7 and still no service, got to wait until Monday now. I've got a unhappy house at the min, 3 gamers in the house and no Internet.