cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade order completion time

tacoman500v1

Fibre upgrade order completion time

I originally placed an order to upgrade to Fibre a few weeks ago and had an email stating that my new service would start on the 30th (today) and have had no contact since, apart from about the router dispatch.

I received my new router last weekend and set it up today, but I'm still not seeing the new speeds (7pm). In fact my speeds are pretty awful today, sat at around 3Mbps download. I'm aware that upgrades can take until midnight to activate but I've not had any contact or updates and I'm wondering if this is normal. I had way more updates when I set up a new package with plusnet.

My dashboard on the plusnet site is also not showing any sort of order status and still shows the old product with the error message "You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

I also checked the btwholesale broadband checker for my address as mentioned in some other forum posts and I'm not seeing any mention there that an upgrade/switch order has even been placed.

Anyone else have any similar experiences or advise on what to expect next or whether this is the normal upgrade process?

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre upgrade order completion time

@tacoman500v1 Welcome to the forums. What service were you on previously -  ADSL? Have you  checked in your Member Centre for any open/closed tickets - which may give you more detail?

The BTw checker will not reference any updates, that merely gives an indication of available services.

John
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The BTW checker used to indicate if there was an open order present on the line, it hasn't done so for quite some time unfortunately.
jab1
Legend

Didn't know that - it certainly hasn't in the 9 or 10 years I've been using it on a regular basis.

John
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Check this topic out John.

jab1
Legend

Cheers @Browni - I honestly never noticed that back then - but maybe I didn't use it to check my changes, as I was on ADSL up to my departure from PN, and presumably it would only appear on your specific phone number search?

John
tacoman500v1

Hey @jab1. Yeah I was previously on ADSL. Not much going on in the tickets. Quite a few closed tickets/questions about the router dispatch. There's one open ticket from last year about something unrelated but other than that not much information. The last update was the 25th (router).

Kind of weird that there's nothing in there considering how many there are for dispatching a router. I'd expect to see some Service Notices about the actual switching to fibre.

jab1
Legend

@tacoman500v1 Strange if you received the Hub last week - that would suggest your order was nearing completion, as they are usually sent out to arrive 3/5 days before the service goes live.

I can only suggest that you try ringing PN tomorrow and asking them what is happening.

I'll keep my eyes on this, but may be a bit slow in replying until Monday - I'm away from home for a few days, and will only be using the iPad in the evenings, but maybe other Community members will chip in - or if you're very lucky, maybe one of the Help Team.

John
tacoman500v1

@jab1 Seems I missed a couple of the Service Notices in the list I scanned through mentioned above. The following might be useful?

"Pending Provisioned Service 'WBC FTTC Annex A 10Mbit/s, Stable' added as a part of Account Change process"

then immediately after

"New Action 21CN Modify Submitted" 

and a few hours later another saying

"The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network. The transfer will complete by midnight on 05/04/2023."

I'm not entirely sure what these mean and I've not been notified about anything happening on the 5th so this might just be a coincidence and could just be some back-end stuff that was happening at the same time.

jab1
Legend

@tacoman500v1 I'll leave to others to confirm/deny, but AFAIK, that says your transfer to FTTC is in process (1st bit), the second is a weird way of saying kind of the same thing.

John
tacoman500v1

Woke up this morning with absolutely no broadband connection so I called them up. @jab1 seems you are correct that those messages all meant that it is in fact swapping to FTTC on the 4/5th and not the 30th.

The advisors were extremely helpful in clarifying what the actual time-frame is, just a shame the automated emails/texts don't give the proper details.

The person I spoke to in technical support suggested the reason I might have lost internet/broadband today was either a coincidental fault external to my property, or a premature account/line change on the 30th (instead of the real date of the 4th) by plusnet/engineer that has rendered my plusnet account semi-incompatible with the service I'm actually getting at the moment.

I've actually never noticeably completely lost the broadband connection before so the above theory would make sense. Or it is just 100% a coincidence and the one day that my account is supposedly swapping to fibre is the same 24hrs that a fault in the line occurs Tongue