Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP woes

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: FTTP woes

@dazgee1965 

The Checker didn't say one way or the other about potential problems. The message about the duct was simply telling the engineer what was in the ground.

When I got FTTP the Checker said UG feed - proven clear. I knew what this meant as the chamber is in my neighbour's garden and I was chatting to the guys as they did the work. If they had easy access to the duct at the house end they put a rod through to check. If it was clear they then left a draw rope in place. Five out of seven houses were checked with only one having a slight problem which they were able to push past from the chamber end.

Brian

dazgee1965
Grafter

Well the Openreach engineer didn't come back this morning, what a surprise.
@Gandalf
I've left a note on my question on my account.
I know it stated it's on hold until 7am on the 14th but could you check to see if there is an update from Openreach?
Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

I've spoken with our suppliers helpdesk and from what they can see, the engineer visit is booked for this afternoon. 

Really sorry about this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dazgee1965
Grafter

@Gandalf
Thank you for the update I really appreciate it.
No need to apologise, it seems like Openreach hadn't updated the system you use with them so there was no way of Plusnet knowing 😁
dazgee1965
Grafter

I'm now connected and loving the speed.
@Gandalf thanks again for your help.
The Openreach engineer whose names I forgot to ask was on the ball and had a clue.
He even removed the old external copper cable so I can tidy up inside.
If he had been the one sent to do the job originally I would have been connected last week but hey ho.
I honestly did think this would drag on so that's me proven wrong.
Once it was up and running I setup a TP Link router and he was interested in it and I think they've gained another customer.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 59

@dazgee1965 

Excellent news.

As you got connected today I'm assuming the engineer was able to push through the duct blockage without any digging.

Did you get your ONT sorted as well?

Brian

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Might be worth sending the Openreach Engineer a thank you https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/thank-an-engineer-form

dazgee1965
Grafter

@bmc
Yes the duct was fine he had no problem running the fibre.
He used what looked a coil of thin metal with an attachment on one end to hook on the fibre cable, I pulled it through for him when I saw it poke through the duct outside my place.
I thought it was a neat gadget.
The ONT is fine it's behind a desk and out of the way.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Awesome. Glad that your FTTP’s up and running now! Cheesy

I don’t think I actually did anything of value, but then again I get that a good explanation and keeping in touch is almost as important as sorting an issue itself. 

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet