cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer installation date change

Ayden_

Engineer installation date change

Hi guys, I hope everyone is well. Im sure this is a broken record looking at posts and reviews however Im another unfortunate who can't reach Plusnet support over the phone no matter how many times or different days I try. it was a simple request of moving my engineer date from the 18th as I'm unavailable, however the order on my account only says its being processed and that no changes can be made at this time. I live in an apartment so I'm unsure if an engineer is even needed (All the lines are already routed and set up for other providers in the room) however I received the notice of a £65 reschedule charge if im not available which I can't afford at the moment after spending £40 on the joining fee. Im too deep in now to really leave however I can't lie and say the customer experience hasn't left me looking elsewhere. It was a simple query that's sadly spiralled due to poor customer service :(. Is there any way I can get this rebooked? Many thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Engineer installation date change

You might be able to do this by updating the installation ticket on your account.

In another tab, log into the member centre here - https://plus.net

Then flip back to hear and click the PN Ticket link below.  If there is an open ticket referencing the installation place a note on there of your need to reschedule.

As for the lines being installed into the apartment (there will not be one for "other providers" - unless you mean Virgin Media) as the majority of providers all use the same BT Openreach circuit.  As for there being any socket there, that does not mean that there is not a need for an engineer to do something somewhere.  If you are switching from a LLU provider (Sky & Talk Talk) then at the very least, engineering work will be required in the exchange, so that BT OR can "recover" infrastructure "stolen" by the LLU provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Ayden_,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this delay might have caused. I've had a look over the account this morning and I can see that a delay is in place at the moment, though no updates are currently available. I can see however that our Provisioning Team escalated this case and is currently monitoring it for a further update which, once received, will be relayed to yourself as soon as possible. I can see that you've previously commented on the support ticket before, but for reference it can also be accessed via this link.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ronnielim2000
Hooked

I have the same issues. I applied to upgrade to Full Fibre, and needed to change the installation date. After trying both the help line and chatbot, neither could be contacted for me to explain my issue. I am now considering cancelling my account as I do not wish to pay for a failed installation.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi ronnielim2000, feel free to send me a PM with the date you'd like to change that to and I'll get it sorted out. You'll just need to get your post count up to at least 5 before you can send messages on here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ronnielim2000
Hooked

Hello Adamwalker, I really appreciate your prompt reply. I was on hold to the HelpTeam for 45 minutes before being disconnected - again!  I have a family emergency to attend to and the next confirmed available date for the engineer to install the FibreBroadband is on 5th April 2023. If you cannot schedule the upgrade/router so far ahead, then I will need to cancel my order asap. Thnk you again,

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@adamwalker 

A date does not really need to go via a PM.

Did you need @ronnielim2000 to identify their account ... which does need to be advised via a PM?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ronnie, I'm sorry to hear there's been a family emergency and I hope everything is OK. We wouldn't be able to schedule it that far ahead but if you did want to cancel you'd just need to get in touch as per the details here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ronnielim2000
Hooked

I just received an email from Plusnet Support (Question 229718011) giving me a new installation date of 18/01/23. I  replied to to support@plus.netwhich, saying that I need to postpone the Fibre upgrade installation to early April. In order to avoid a failed engineer visit, should I expect an acknowledgment agreeing to a new installation date?

If Plusnet's system does not allow such a long postponement, how can I cancel my Fiber Upgrade, without canceling my current Broadband package?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ronnielim2000  There is no way to contact Plusnet by email, the support@plus.net address is not monitored. You have already been informed that they cannot postpone the installation as far ahead as next April so you will have to cancel by calling support. I would suggest calling the customer options number  0800 013 2632, it is generally answered more quickly than the general support number. The only other way is to write a letter to Plusnet, details are on the website but it is not an efficient method for a communications company.🤔

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@ronnielim2000 

Can you not reply to the ticket with your request for the delay?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ronnielim2000
Hooked

No, I have just been advised that I can’t reply because the Plusnet support email is not monitored. I can only call or write a letter.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@ronnielim2000 

I am not referring to the emailed copy of the ticket that you have received. If you log in to your Plusnet account you should find a link to the actual ticket if it’s still open. You should find that you can reply to this directly by adding to it without using email.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ronnielim2000
Hooked

I logged into my Plusnet account and there is no ticket open.I have this message”An error has occurred. You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.”

Furthermore, my contract is shown a start date if 18/11/2022 even though my new Fibre router has not been installed.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @ronnielim2000 hope you are well.

Have you managed to go to this link to see if this works? https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229718011

The error will be because the billing system is switching the account over for you to Full Fibre. I am so sorry about the issues so far but we will keep an eye on it for you from here Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team