cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing Start

mrmoss
Hooked

Disappointing Start

After placing my order on 16th March, and an activation date given of 31st March, I am still no nearer knowing when my broadband will start!!

NowTV put a cease order on my line, which was not advised to me, untill I called on 31st March to find out why there was a delay.. this for £5.50 early cancelation fee!!

Then Plusnet reapplied for the line, but there was an error becasue the first order wasnt cancelled properly, and I am still none the wiser when I will actually get my broadband, but have been advised I have to wait ANOTHER 10 DAYS at least from when the order can be placed again!!

And the first customer service assistant I spoke to at Plusnet was very very rude because I didnt know my password, which I had forgotten, and couldnt log in to reset it because I had know active router 😡

I am really disappointed by all parties here, and dont understand why this procces cant be made smoother when transferring between providors 😕

9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Disappointing Start

Hey there, thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm so sorry to see all of the issues we've encountered while trying to take over the working line. We always intend to take over a working service to minimise any downtime for our customers. 

It's been a right dogs dinner though, we've placed three separate orders, all of which have failed for different reasons. The first cancelled due to an open order being on the line, placed by the previous provider. The second failed because the phone and broadband orders we placed didn't match up in Openreach's system, and the third one cancelled due to their being no associated stop order on the line. 

Now that the line has stopped, and there are no open orders there, nor the possibility of future orders cancelling due to the third reason above, I'm hoping it's fourth time lucky. 

I've just placed your orders manually, and a confirmed activation date should be issued within the next 48-72 hours. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@mrmoss wrote:

NowTV put a cease order on my line...

I am really disappointed by all parties here, and dont understand why this procces cant be made smoother when transferring between providors 😕

Hi @mrmoss 

A warm welcome to the forums.  The process goes awry as soon as the losing provider gets directly involved in the move-away journey.  Changing providers should be left to the gaining provider in its entirety.  As soon as the losing provider starts "interfering" the whole process is likely to fail. The current "owner" of the line can do anything until it is transferred, usually to the detriment of gaining provider's orders.

Did you tell NowTV that you intended to leave?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrmoss
Hooked

@Townman Yes, I let them know, and they said as I was within 30 days of my contract ending there would be no termination fee

But low and behold, there was a £5.50 early termination fee sat on the account that nobody advised me of!!

mrmoss
Hooked

@adam945 I have been notified I should get an active phone line on 21st April, so another 14 days!!

Thoought I might be able to an expedited delivery date due to the issues, but it appears I now have to wait longer!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order. I'm afraid that the date we've given is the earliest due to engineer availability as we'll need an engineer to restart the line at the exchange and cabinet. 

Unfortunately our suppliers wouldn't push this through any quicker as the issues weren't down to them. Ideally the process for moving from one provider to another is that the gaining provider (That's us in this instance) manages the transfer including the cease, so your previous provider needn't have done anything. 

What's done is done though and we'll get you back up and running as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrmoss
Hooked

Can you confirm we are still good to go with my broadband line activation on Thursday 21st as planned?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @mrmoss, thanks for getting in touch. I can see your order is still indeed due to complete on the 21st, please just allow any time up to midnight on this date for it to complete. 

Please get back to me if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mrmoss
Hooked

Hello
My broadband is not active as yet. Please can you advise when this will happen
Thanks
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @mrmoss

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it. 

I have checked your orer and it is showing complete. The connection is showing as in sync, can you advise if you are connected? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team