cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date cancelled

Hadrian

Delivery date cancelled

We are leaving Sky Tuesday Aug 16 and joining PlusNet first time as Sky too expensive and service not helpful even though I paid them £42 a month for broadband speed pitiful 11MB and phone and also £57 a month for TV, we have been with Sky 25years.  

PlusNet stated delivery date Aug 17 for our address,  which was great, and cheaper, so we joined.  Few days later received email saying delivery delayed, no date was given. Received another email 8 days later saying delayed with no dates.  I emailed PlusNet and received reply that this mailbox nobody reads.  So I then phoned customer support, 1 hour waiting on phone and then it disconnected,. I rang again later in day after 30 mins still no answer.  

So we lose our internet  and home telephone on Tues Aug16 and have no idea when we are going to be connected.  This is not what I expect as great customer service as stated in website, which is another reason why we joined.  We run a company and pride ourselves in great customer support, if you do not look after customers you lose them.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Delivery date cancelled

If you have told Sky you are leaving and cancelled your service they will have put a cease on your line, meaning no other provider can do anything until the cease completes.

You should have just allowed PN to take over your line. 

Hadrian

Thanks for the feedback appreciated, hopefully that's the reason, so after Tues PlusNet should be able to start takeover.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had. 

I'm afraid that as your previous provider has ceased your line yesterday, we can't take it over so we've placed an order to restart the line and activate our service which could take up to 14 days but we'll confirm within the next 24 to 48 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet